Taster CD

Cosbox

Oct 12, 2012, 4:42:44 PM10/12/12
to classic-rock...@googlegroups.com

Ladies and Gents - I need your assistance:

A 13 year old friend of my son said he liked rock music.  Upon quizing further he liked AC/DC and had everyting ever recorded.  This was quite quickly refuted and I promised to make him copies of all the stuff he did not have by Ac/DC.  I then asked what other bands he liked and he was quite hazy saying 70's rock, but mentioning Rainbow, Deep Purple, Whitesnake etc, drew a blank.  I therefore said I would do him a "taster" cd or two.

What I want from you good people is some suggestions from tracks by bands I should include on these CD's and I am including 70's rock influenced bands such as The Answer in this.  I am prepared to inundate him with music for his own sake so don't hold back.

Cos

Rob Jackson

Oct 12, 2012, 4:44:23 PM10/12/12
to classic-rock...@googlegroups.com
Something from Live and Dangerous by Lizzy. Emerald perhaps, or Rosalie?

Rob

Rob Jackson

Oct 12, 2012, 4:45:18 PM10/12/12
to classic-rock...@googlegroups.com
And definitely something from Montrose's debut album.

Rob

Steve M

Oct 13, 2012, 9:42:15 AM10/13/12
to classic-rock...@googlegroups.com
There's so many to choose from....

I'd include something from:

Budgie
Black Sabbath
Blue Oyster Cult
Bad Company
Wishbone Ash
UFO
Rush
Scorpions
Nazareth

and, of course, the three bands you've already mentioned.

Which tracks I'll leave for you to decide.....

Muttley

Oct 15, 2012, 3:49:11 AM10/15/12
to classic-rock...@googlegroups.com
Some great suggestions so far. Taking up on some of Steve's, I'd go with:

Don't fear the reaper or Burning for you by BOC
Can't Get Enough by Bad Company
Don't break my heart again by Whitesnake
Rock you like a hurricane by Scorpions
Closer to the heart by Rush
Toys in the attic by Aerosmith
Unchained by Van Halen

Muttley

Oct 15, 2012, 4:21:50 AM10/15/12
to classic-rock...@googlegroups.com
And definitely Only you can rock me. By UFO

Ray P

Oct 15, 2012, 8:28:23 AM10/15/12
to classic-rock...@googlegroups.com
definitely 'Emerald', rock bottom, maybe sweet emotion or rats in the cellar, Bad Company, Budgie, Ted Nugent, Van Halen, Black Sabbath, Hawkwind, ...

XRWoody

Oct 16, 2012, 4:49:14 AM10/16/12
to classic rock magazine readers
My kids always liked:

Black Betty - Ram Jam
Smoke On The Water - Deep Purple
Woman From Tokyo - Deep Purple
Any number of Quo classics (Caroline) and they always seemed to like
the Heavy Traffic album.
A few Slade and Sweet numbers always got them singing as well.
TNT - AC/DC

Cosbox

Oct 17, 2012, 4:33:20 PM10/17/12
to classic-rock...@googlegroups.com

Thanks All

I think it goes to show what "classics" are, as I came up wioth pretty much the same combined list as you all (over 3 CD's).  Maybe not the exact same track ( or though genereal it was)

I shall report back how he liked it and we may have another young convert!

Russ Morgan

Feb 3, 2016, 1:20:48 PM2/3/16
to classic-rock...@googlegroups.com

Sent from my iPad