Walkway - Part 3

Woody

Jul 11, 2012, 5:54:59 AM7/11/12
to classic rock magazine readers
Message from: Chris Ready 9 July 19:41

Hey guys!
Hope you're all well :)

Just a comment incase some of you are interested!
Walkway are extremely happy to announce that we will be supporting The
Darkness with special guests Black Stone Cherry at Thetford forest
this Saturday (14th July)!

This is gonna be one hell of a show!
Gates open at 6pm, we hit the stage at 7pm!
We would love to see as many of you there as possible, as there are
still a few tickets left.

You can buy them via this link:
http://www.forestry.gov.uk/music

Make sure you don't miss this!

Woody

Jul 11, 2012, 6:02:11 AM7/11/12
to classic rock magazine readers

XRWoody

Aug 15, 2012, 6:11:15 AM8/15/12
to classic rock magazine readers
Hey, guess what ?

Walkway are making an album -
http://www.facebook.com/tesco#!/media/set/?set=a.10151101986621052.460150.81098491051&type=1

I sure hope it reaches the potential these lads have.

http://www.officialwalkway.com/

XRWoody

Aug 16, 2012, 5:32:25 AM8/16/12
to classic rock magazine readers
Hey guys,Here's this weeks Walkway update.

Unfortunately we don't have any gigs this weekend due to Chris & James
being on holiday.

Our next gig is on 25th August at Pulham Market "Falcon"

Album Recording
As you all know, last week we entered the recording studio to start
recording our first album.
We are now in our second week and things are going great!
All drums, bass and rhythm guitar completed and are now recording lead
guitars and vocals.
Seriously can't wait for you to hear the finished product.

Lowestoft "Sparrows Nest"
On Sunday 26th August we are playing at Lowestoft venue "Sparrows
Nest" for the first time as part of a charity event.
Acts will be playing from 12:30pm, however we start at 2pm.
Join us to help raise money for East Coast Hospice.

Festivals
After our succesful slot at last years Bnatural festival in Bildeston
we have been asked to play at this years festival.
We will be playing from 12pm at Bildeston Market Square on Saturday
8th September.
Later that day we are also appearing at Wells (On Sea) "Golden Fleece"
as part of Pirate festival.

Official Music Video
Our official music video for "Overrated" has now exceeded 7000 views!
Thanks to everyone that has watched so far.
For those of you that havent seen it, you can view it via this link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQDsH1N5G4Y&list=UUBozbVtSajvMp_pPAt60dWA&index=10&feature=plcp
Please keep watching, sharing, liking and commenting.

Thats all for this week!

Hope to see you all again soon :)

Chris & Walkway
www.officialwalkway.com

XRWoody

Sep 17, 2012, 3:08:33 AM9/17/12
to classic rock magazine readers
ANNOUNCEMENT:
Follwing the announcement we made at last nights (15.9.12) AMAZING gig
at Diss "Cue Club", here it is for all of you that couldn't be there:

Walkway are very happy to announce that on Saturday 22nd December we
will be launcing our debut album at Diss "Cue Club".
We're gonna have abit of a Christmas party too, so make sure you don't
miss it!
It's gonna be a night to remember!

Woody

Sep 25, 2012, 3:05:39 PM9/25/12
to classic rock magazine readers
More news: From Chris Ready (of Walkway)

Hey guys!
Hope you're all well :)

Just want to let you know that Walkway are heading up North in a
couple of weeks!

Would be great to see some of you at any of these:
Friday 12th October - Bolton, Bromley Cross "The Railway"
Saturday 13th October - Altrincham "Old Market Tavern"
Sunday 14th October - Sutton In Ashfield "Golden Diamond"

Cya then :D

XRWoody

Oct 25, 2012, 7:05:11 AM10/25/12
to classic rock magazine readers
Walkway: are happy to confirm that on Saturday 17th November they will
be making their first appearance at the Melbourne Rock Club supporting
fellow rock band - Pig Iron.
Motor-Oil and Confidence will also be featuring.
Walkway have been trying to get into this venue for a while, so they
are really looking forward to this one !

(NB: I have seen Pig Iron and thought they were great).

Walkway: Supporting "Bonafide"
Walkway are pleased to confirm that on Thursday 29th November we will
be supporting Swedish rockers Bonafide at Newmarket "Memorial Hall".
Chris says: "We've heard alot of good things about these guys so can't
wait to share the stage with them!"
Tickets - £10/ £12 on the door
Tickets can be bought by: Phoning - 01353 749749
By visiting Newmarket "Memorial Hall"
Or online at www.cambridgerockfestival

02 Academey Islington
Another one for your diary!
On 2nd February (2013) Walkway will be supporting fellow rock band
"Pout At The Devil" at the 02 Academy2 Islington.
Chris says: "These guys are absolutely superb so we seriously can't
wait for this one!"
Tickets can be bought via this link - http://www.ticketweb.co.uk/user/?reg...d&event=531266

XRWoody

Nov 27, 2012, 2:55:31 AM11/27/12
to classic rock magazine readers
Walkway: 26 November 20:21

ANNOUNCEMENT:
We are very happy to confirm that the guestlist for our album launch
party on Dec 22nd is now full !

This means that the Cue Club will be at maximum capacity so no more
available places are left.
We will now be emailing everyone on the guestlist to double check and
confirm that they are all definately coming.
We will let you know if any places become available!
This is gonna be one hell of a night!

Woody

Dec 1, 2012, 4:37:46 AM12/1/12
to classic rock magazine readers
Well not exactly spinning right now but yesterday I had the privilege
of hearing two tracks from the forthcoming Walkway album.
"Rise" is one of my favourites and this quality recording was awesome.
I also heard the ballard, the title of which escapes me. It is
available on you tube on a hand held video recording. It was great on
the professional recording. Chris's voice was really good and some of
James solos were superb. A bit of a soft track for me but good none
the less.
I also saw the new art work for the CD sleeve which is very tasteful.
That was a real privilege for me.

Chuffed.

XRWoody

Dec 14, 2012, 4:13:19 AM12/14/12
to classic rock magazine readers
From Walkway: Today we recieved the limited edition "Top Shelf
Content" T-shirts ready for the launch, along with some brand spanking
new posters!

Whatcha think? :P

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#!/photo.php?fbid=10151297372046052&set=a.10150132128936052.301018.81098491051&type=1&theater

XRWoody

Dec 14, 2012, 4:16:14 AM12/14/12
to classic rock magazine readers
Calling all Walkway fans

Walkway need your help!

Walkway are very happy to confirm that they have been shortlisted down
to the final 80 bands to play next years Les-Fest (Rock/Metal Festival
in Scotland).
We would really appreciate it if you could all vote for them via the
link below!

It could mean they get a slot :)

http://kwiksurveys.com/app/showpoll.asp?qid=63208&sid=ruin1vzs6209jzd63208&new=True#.UMhy9Kk8ejs.facebookkwiksurveys.com

XRWoody

Jan 9, 2013, 9:53:57 AM1/9/13
to classic rock magazine readers
Review from Grapevine magazine, authored by a BBC Radio Suffolk
chap....

Whoa, black betty (bam-BA-lam), whoa, black betty (bam-BA-lam), She
really gets me high (bam-BA-lam), you know that's no lie (bam-BA-lam).
She's so rock steady (bam-BA-lam), she's always ready (bam-BA-lam).
Whoa, black betty (bam-BA-lam), whoa, black betty (bam-BA-lam).

I'll start our 2013 columns with more than just a mention for one of
the first bands that spring to mind whenever people say to me 'who was
the first new music act that you ever played on BBC Suffolk
Introducing,' or 'who was the first new act you interviewed.' This
band fall into a number of categories for me. They're one of the best
new acts I've seen live. They're among the most hardworking bands I
know. They're also some of the nicest people you could wish to meet.
They are Walkway.

They were once Top Shelf Content but for a while they've been Walkway.
Top Shelf Content is now the name of their first album. The band (did
I mention) is Walkway. Walkway launched Top Shelf Content at the end
of last month in Diss, which is the closest town to where the three
longest serving members reside.

Those three longest serving members are singer / songwriter / rhythm
guitar player Chris Ready, younger brother James Ready who also writes
and plays lead guitar to a ridiculous level (seriously, I talk about
this guy a lot and it bores people, but he's not from this planet he's
that good) and the meanest, coolest bass player in town Alex Rosedale.

If you like air guitar, if you like riffs and, most importantly, if
you like rock, then you ought to love Walkway, because this is what
they do and they do it well and they do it loud. Like me, they
unashamedly worship the likes of Aerosmith, ACDC, Van Halen, Def
Leppard, Guns N Roses and the likes, and their influences are all
present.

Chris rivals Joe Elliot at times on 'Get Out' while the production
values on 'In and Out of Love' are comparable to once a Leppard and
ACDC producer Mutt Lange (did I mention that the guitar solo on this
track would unite nations at war with each other if they just stopped
and listened together).

Old favourites 'Rise' and 'All I Want' make the cut for Top Shelf
Content as well and wouldn't be out of place on the Dazed and Confused
soundtrack, while 'Overrated' is perfection across the board.

As if this album isn't enough, Walkway even have a Spinal Tap style
drummer saga to go with the glorious tunes. Joe Evans is drummer
number 4 (or is that 5), and he's joined the band at the most exciting
(and possibly important) time in their being.

After playing successful sets at the sell out (2000 people) Legends Of
Rock Music Festival in March, Walkway were asked to play at the Rhodes
Rock Music Festival (3000) in Greece in June. They went down a storm
and have already been confirmed on next year's line up. Also last year
the band supported The Darkness and special guests Black Stone Cherry
at Thetford Forest in July, playing to their biggest crowd to date
(6500). A gig with Bonafide followed in the winter in Newmarket.

This year it would be great to see Walkway given the regular touring
support slot that they would thoroughly deserve...or who
knows...something else. Guitar Hero Walkway or Rock Band Walkway is
something I've been calling for for a short while now but I don't
think the makers quite appreciated the numerous emails, phone calls
and door knockings that I plagued them with during a particularly
delicate period last March.

What's for sure though is that wherever Walkway go, their growing
number of die hard fans (both home and further afield) will follow,
and I must reemphasise that Top Shelf Content is a rocking good
listen. To quote Bateman, the whole album has a clear, crisp sound,
and a new sheen of consummate professionalism that really gives the
songs a big boost.

Headline slots at festivals, shows at 02 Academy in Islington, Norwich
Waterfront and Cambridge Junction are already confirmed for 2013,
along with further shows around the country. So once again, I will be
wearing the Walkway T-shirt and unashamedly so.
Graeme Mac

XRWoody

Jan 11, 2013, 3:22:36 AM1/11/13
to classic rock magazine readers
Walkway Interview On BBC Radio Suffolk
19 January at 20:00
BBC Radio Suffolk in Ipswich, Suffolk
Available on line

Woody

Mar 10, 2013, 9:52:03 AM3/10/13
to classic rock magazine readers
An independent review from someone who's opinion I trust and value:
Read for yourselves guys :)

http://brutifulmetalradio.crazy4us.com/t253-walkway-top-shelf-content-2012-album-review

If I am honest this is a slightly better review than I might have
given so I am well pleased with it :)

Woody

Mar 24, 2013, 10:16:05 AM3/24/13
to classic rock magazine readers
At last some quality on line footage:

http://www.youtube.com/wildwiremusic

XRWoody

Mar 28, 2013, 4:40:23 AM3/28/13
to classic rock magazine readers
you can listen to Walkway on the internet on Wednesday 2nd April:

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#!/events/351524031635147/

Woody

Apr 24, 2013, 5:11:59 PM4/24/13
to classic rock magazine readers
Please help out this excellent upcoming band

Our friends Walkway are attempting to gain enough votes in order to
play at Download this year - why not support them - just follow the
instructions below. You do not need to register just be prepared to
help out, takes 2 seconds of your time.

This is the last week that this competition is running so please keep
voting to get us a slot at this years Download Festival!

To get to the next round we simply need to get into the top 100,
therefore we need YOUR help - We're nearly there!

All you need to do is click on the link below and click on the vote
button above our video. It's easy and quick to do, plus you can vote
every day - so please help us achieve this !

The link to our page is - http://download.redbullstudios.com/band/walkway/

XRWoody

Apr 26, 2013, 3:39:49 AM4/26/13
to classic rock magazine readers
Walkway are through to the next stage - Thanks to anyone who
contributed. Keep going as they need to get through the second stage
now. Many thanks.

> The link to the Walkway page is - http://download.redbullstudios.com/band/walkway/

barry_mc...@sky.com

Apr 26, 2013, 6:00:28 AM4/26/13
to classic-rock...@googlegroups.com
Push on through they will have a ball Trucker Diablo played 2 years ago and loved it tent was rammed and Dee Snider watched em from side stage!  Keep spreading the word!!

Apr 29, 2013, 4:10:20 AM4/29/13
to classic rock magazine readers
Message From Walkway

People, we have another London show for you !

Thur 23rd May At the "Intrepid Fox".

Free entry!

Gonna be a good one ;)

XRWoody

Oct 8, 2013, 6:36:26 AM10/8/13
to classic-rock...@googlegroups.com
Classic Rock Magazine Mention

Walkway are delighted to let you know that they have been mentioned in this month's Classic Rock Magazine!

Although not yet on sale to the public (subscribers will already have it), the latest issue contains a free CD on behalf of The Darkness.

Walkway are thanked on the CD for their performance with the band last year!
New London Date

Walkway are back in London on Sat 1st Nov to play at the "Intrepid Fox" for their Halloween rock party.

XRWoody

Oct 15, 2013, 6:49:32 AM10/15/13
to classic-rock...@googlegroups.com
Picture of Chris Ready

Hey guys,
Here's this weeks Walkway update!

This Weeks Shows

Friday - Oulton Broad "Lady Of The Lake"
It's been ages since we played the LOTL, so really looking forward to returning.
Great venue!
9pm start. Free entry. 18+ Only.

Saturday - Downham Market "Live & Let Live"
We're back at The Livvy!
Always a good night here.
9pm start. Free entry. 18+ Only.

Meeting Update
We told you last week that we were having a meeting with our contacts with regard to producing a hit song.
We're very happy to let you know that the meeting went extremely well and that a few songs have been picked with the potential to go all the way.
Along with planning some other BIG things for next year, this means that we should be going back into to the studio very soon to record the picked songs!

New Song
We also finished writing a brand new track last week ready to take to the meeting - Needless to say, it's made the final cut for when we go back into the studio, therefore we can't wait for you to all hear "Take Me To The Top".

Diss Express Whitesnake Article

Although alot of you don't/wont get the Diss Express (our local paper), we're happy to mention that they have included an article in this weeks issue about playing with former Whitesnake guitarist, Bernie Marsden, at Bilston venue the "Robin 2" on Wed 13th November.
Remember, we still have tickets for sale (£16 each), so please contact us if you want any.
It's going to be a great night!
London Halloween Party
We're back in the Capital to play London's "Intrepid Fox" on Friday 1st November for their Halloween rock party.
With two other great bands also on the bill, and only £4 entry, you do not want to miss this one!