Version 4.0.0-beta-1 released with an entirely new, cleaner API

1 view

Luke Hutchison

Jul 25, 2018, 3:23:53 PM7/25/18
to FastClasspathScanner-Users
Hi FastClasspathScanner users,

I have released version 4.0.0-beta-1 of FastClasspathScanner, which is the result of a huge amount of code cleanup, refactoring, and API simplification. A large number of bugs and potential bugs were fixed in the process, and the resulting codebase is much cleaner, easier to maintain, and more futureproof.

Version 3 will only see critical bugfixes in the future -- all significant future development will be on the Version 4 codebase. I strongly recommend you port your existing code to Version 4. Please file bugs in the GitHub bug tracker for FCS if you find any.

See the release notes here for some porting tips:

See the copious API notes for the Version 4 API here:

All the best,
Luke

Luke Hutchison

Jul 27, 2018, 1:36:40 AM7/27/18
to FastClasspathScanner-Users
An update on this -- I have removed the "lukehutch" part of the package name (use "Organize Imports" in your IDE to fix this), and changed and Maven group id from

io.github.lukehutch

io.github.fast-classpath-scanner

as of release 4.0.0-beta-8. The Maven rule, moving forward, will be:

<dependency>
    <groupId>io.github.fast-classpath-scanner</groupId>
    <artifactId>fast-classpath-scanner</artifactId>
    <version>LATEST</version>
</dependency>

Thank you for your patience with this churn! I think those are all the big breaking changes out of the way. Now all that is left is bugfixing for the final release of 4.0.0.

I would appreciate it if you could please port your existing code to the new API, and please let me know if you run into problems (or even if you don't, as a positive signal as I prep this for release).

Thank you,
Luke