All works! UWA show yourself!

Zdzislaw Meglicki

May 17, 2013, 4:46:00 PM5/17/13
to class2g...@googlegroups.com, zdzi...@sbcglobal.net, gus...@indiana.edu
Yepp, I have a vanilla Class2Go installation and it all works.

I've modified UWA's site templates and graphics to get my own front page up and was most pleasantly surprised to see (1) how easy it was to do and (2) the newly defined course and a working link to it show up automatically on the front page. I was running it initially with Stanford defaults.

Yes, Class2Go can be used out of the box, almost.

Some information in

https://github.com/Stanford-Online/class2go/wiki/Setting-up-Class2Go-outside-of-Stanford

is out of date. The site name, long name, title, etc., is defined in database.py, not in settings.py. The templates to be modified live in site_templates not in templates/sites.

Although it is said in

https://github.com/Stanford-Online/class2go/wiki/Creating-a-New-Class2Go-course-and-adding-Instructors

that you create a course by going to

<site URL>/courses/new

I think, this should be emphasized. I actually read it, then forgot and tried to define a course by going to

<site URL>/adminc2g/course/add

This didn't produce a visible course and I couldn't delete the one I defined this way either.

If UWA reads this, I'd very much like to contact you. I'm a UWA alumnus myself.

Cheers,
Gustav

Zdzislaw (Gustav) Meglicki
http://perth.ovpit.indiana.edu/gustav/

David Glance

May 19, 2013, 7:48:39 AM5/19/13
to class2g...@googlegroups.com, zdzi...@sbcglobal.net, gus...@indiana.edu
Hi Gustav,

Glad to hear things got working and that another UWA graduate has surfaced - we have one working on the edX team :)  We will probably still be using Class2Go for at least  next semester before cutting over to the edX code - so let me know if you have any issues that I may be able to help out with. Our fork uwacsp may contain more fixes for little things like styles etc that we encountered but haven't made it back into the main repo - so you could have a look at that if you run into issues.

David