Defining Class2Go Course...

Zdzislaw Meglicki

May 13, 2013, 3:00:01 PM5/13/13
to class2g...@googlegroups.com, zdzi...@sbcglobal.net, gus...@indiana.edu
OK, I have Class2Go running on my test server. I have defined a course, but... where is it? How do I mount it in my Class2Go space, so that it would look like the one in Class2Go sandbox? I thought that it would be enough to define it and this would mount it automatically.

I defined it just barely so, filling only the required items. And here I have some questions too. This is what it looks like now (the questions in bold):

Mode:    .... nothing here. What is it?
Image:   .... nothing here. What is it? Just an icon?
Live Date: Time: .... nothing here
Is deleted: 0   (What is it? What are the possible values: 0 false, 1 true?)
Institution: Indiana University
Student group: physics
Instructor group: faculty
Tas group: physics-tas
Readonly tas group: readonly-tas
Title: Introduction to Markov Processes
Syllabus: ... nothing here
Term: ... nothing here
Year: ... nothing here
Calendar start: ... nothing here
Calendar end: ... nothing here
Contact: ... nothing here
List publicly: ... nothing here (What are the values? 0 and 1?)
Handle: markov (What is it? Is this the mount point in the Class2Go space?)
Preview only mode: tick
Institution only: ... nothing here
Preenroll only: ... nothing here
Share to: Introduction to Markov Processes | Mode: (What is it? The system inserted this automatically.)
Short description: ... nothing here
Prerequisites: ... nothing here
Accompanying materials: ... nothing here
Outcomes: ... nothing here
Faq: ... nothing here
Logo: ... nothing here
Twitter tag: ... nothing here
Piazza id: ... nothing here

Help will be greatly appreciated.

I also have another question about Class2Go and edX. How similar is edX?

Although I found some info about setting it up on Class2Go Wiki, I couldn't locate any info about how to drive it. Am I missing something?

Greetings,
Zdzislaw Meglicki
http://perth.ovpit.indiana.edu/gustav/

Zdzislaw Meglicki

May 14, 2013, 3:10:57 PM5/14/13
to class2g...@googlegroups.com, zdzi...@sbcglobal.net, gus...@indiana.edu
Ah, I got it. My mistake was to go through the admin interface instead of going through class2go-host:port/courses/new... This one lets me specify URL and the course gets defined (also in the admin interface) and mounted.

I like Class2Go. It's powerful and not too hard to understand. Still, more documentation would be helpful.