Startup packages cost change - notice

GM Team

Sep 3, 2022, 9:21:12 PM9/3/22
to ClashOfLegends
Hi Players,
After an analysis on which packages have not being used and the most used, across all scenarios, we noticed the following:

If we look at the top 5 packages selected since game 601 (2019-11-13):
  1. Iron fist, 30 points, selected 304 times
  2. Epic production, 60 points, selected 279 times
  3. Loyal populous, 15 points, selected 153 times
  4. Mounted Knights, 30 points, selected 153 times
  5. Friendly armies, 30 points, selected 97 times

If we look at the top 5 packages selected since game 701 (2021-03-23):
  1. Epic production, 60 points, selected 143 times
  2. Iron fist, 30 points, selected 142 times
  3. Loyal populous, 15 points, selected 61 times
  4. Friendly armies, 30 points, selected 50 times
  5. Mounted Knights, 30 points, selected 48 times

The newest game created is 770, for reference.

These packages were never used since game 601... they will have the cost reduced by one category on September 6th.
  • Spend 20,000 Gold from starting treasury; ally receives 25,000 Gold.
  • Ally receives gold and a fortification upgrade
  • Battle master
  • Elves can change two plain or hill hexes to woods if empty
  • Spy network (double agents + stealth bonus)
  • Create roads (5 hexes)
  • Gold digger
  • Extra hand
  • Ally receives an army with a new commander in one of your cities
  • Magic items
  • Creating new characters will cost less
  • New rogues receive bonus to skill
  • New commanders receive bonus to skill
  • Military academy
  • Upkeep of troops is reduced
  • Bank loan 100K
  • Change terrain on any hex if empty
  • Mercenaries
  • Cities boom
  • Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken
  • Bank loan 200K
  • 4 new commander/rogues will appear spread across the nation's big cities.
  • Unwavering loyalty

Games 769 and 770 will be impacted and use the new costs, new turns will be sent out. I am sorry, but I can't do a smooth transition for cost changes.

Keep playing and have fun!

GM Team
All feedback is appreciated.
Join new games at: http://clashlegends.com/

Jordi Chalmeta

Sep 5, 2022, 3:52:47 AM9/5/22
to clashof...@googlegroups.com
Joao,

Something in your stats is wrong, because in game 746 someone used the create roads.

Cheers.

Missatge de GM Team <clashoflege...@gmail.com> del dia dg., 4 de set. 2022 a les 3:21:

Joao Moura

Sep 5, 2022, 12:21:44 PM9/5/22
to clashof...@googlegroups.com

Thank you all for the comments. I refined the analysis.

First, we cause some confusion by not calling out specifically what scenario each package belonged to. Many where in WDO scenario (the names are slightly different, but nonetheless). Only 4 packages were GOT specific.

Second, it led us to think if it was not fair, so we changed to adjust prices within the scenarios.

So now, we will lower the cost of all unselected packages since game 600 by one category.

Finally, cost will be adjusted for the top 5 and bottom 5 packages for GOT and the top/bottom 3 for WDO. Each in its own category.

These are the changes for WDO - War of Dwarves and Orcs – Tolkien scenario

Selected Qt

Name

Cost

New Cost

25

Governor

30

45

19

City upgrades

30

45

16

Urgent reinforcements

30

45

1

Military academy

30

15

1

Companion

30

15

1

Friendly armies

30

15

0

Extra hand

30

15

0

Gold digger

30

15

0

Battle master

30

15

0

Ally receives an army with a new commander in one of your cities

30

15

0

Spend 20,000 gold from starting treasury; ally receives 25,000 gold

30

15

0

Ally receives gold and a fortification upgrade

30

15

0

Elves can change two plain or hill hexes to woods if empty

30

15

0

Create roads (5 hexes)

30

15

0

Poisoned weapons

30

15

0

Creating new characters will cost less

30

15

0

New commanders receive bonus to skill

30

15

0

Upkeep of troops is reduced

30

15

0

Cities boost to ally

45

30

0

Change terrain on any hex if empty

45

30

0

Mercenaries

45

30

0

Special troops

45

30

0

Cities boost to self

60

45

0

Unwavering loyalty

60

45

0

Cities boom

60

45

0

New characters

60

45

0

Assassins guild

60

45

These are the changes for GOT – Game of Thrones and all its variants’ scenarios

Selected Qt

Name

Cost

New Cost

Notes

304

Iron fist

30

45

279

Epic production

60

75

153

Loyal populous

15

30

114

Mounted knights

30

45

97

Friendly armies

30

45

3

Wizards boost

60

45

3

Sea Ravager

60

45

2

Cheaper Troops

15

15

Add an extra power to package

1

Siege Resistant

30

30

1

Siege Resistant

30

30

0

Duelist

30

15

0

Bank loan 100K

45

30

0

Bank loan 200K

60

45

0

Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken

60

45

How about it now? We hope it is both clearer and a better outcome.

Kenneth Weed

Sep 5, 2022, 12:59:49 PM9/5/22
to clashof...@googlegroups.com
I am missing something...I am in GoT 770 and...

I do not see a "Wizards boost" on my list?
Nor Friendly Armies?
Obviously Siege resistant shouldnt be twice...
No Bank Loan 200k...
...and others...

Do I have the wrong version of Counselor?  Am I just waiting for the new turns and therefore the new options?  And then I will get ample time to evaluate those options before T1 runs, right?  Just want to make sure I understand the situation...

--
-Ken

Sjin - Stefano Savio

Sep 5, 2022, 1:04:17 PM9/5/22
to ClashOfLegends
+1 for Watakshi

Joao Moura

Sep 5, 2022, 1:12:42 PM9/5/22
to clashof...@googlegroups.com
Ha! I am sorry for the panic. There was an error in the list. I forgot to exclude the packages for the new in development scenario for Tolkien's First Age.

Cleaning up the list and sending it out shortly for review.

Thank you all for keeping me honest. :)

Joao Moura

Sep 5, 2022, 3:03:33 PM9/5/22
to clashof...@googlegroups.com

Update: The top selections were always right. The issue is that working with SQL to find which packages have not been selected was trickier. Also, I forgot two factors. The Tolkien’s First Age scenario (in Alpha) packages were causing things to be double listed. And that some packages can be shared across scenarios which would cause cases like “Sea Ravager” to count as not selected, therefore it would decrease the cost for First Age but as a side effect (AKA bug) it would also impact GOT because they share the same package. yeah, I know... confusing.

Most current ruling for community analysis. Thank you all for the continuous feedback.

First, for simplicity, we’ll not start any games until 2022-Sep-15 when all first turns currently open are delivered, then we will apply all changes for game 771 and forward. Signups can be prepared in between, but not started.

Second, we have the count of package selection per scenario and prices will be adjusted according to usage.

So now, we will lower the cost of all unselected packages since game 600 by one category.

Finally, additionally to unselected packages, package’s cost also will be adjusted for the top 5 and bottom 5 packages for GOT and the top/bottom 3 for WDO.

These are the changes for WDO - War of Dwarves and Orcs – Tolkien scenario

Selected Qt

Name

Cost

New Cost

Notes

25

Governor

30

45

raise

19

City upgrades

30

45

raise

16

Urgent reinforcements

30

45

raise

1

New towns

90

75

lower

1

Companion

30

15

lower

1

Master of Coin

90

75

lower

1

Friendly armies

30

15

lower

1

Military academy

30

15

lower

0

[...]

Heroes reborn

90

75

lower

0

Gold digger

30

15

lower

0

Poisoned weapons

15

15

lower

0

Assassins guild

60

45

lower

0

[...]

Treasure hunter

90

75

lower

[...]

8

Epic start

60

45

lower

8

Free people

45

30

lower

6

Explorer

30

15

lower

6

Prosperous

30

15

lower

2

Cheaper Troops

15

15

Add another power

1

Siege Resistant

30

15

lower

0

Martial law

90

75

lower

0

Bank loan 100K

60

45

lower

How about it now? We hope it is both clearer and a better outcome.

Kenneth Weed

Sep 5, 2022, 5:02:54 PM9/5/22
to clashof...@googlegroups.com
I think the only one I don't see on my list is "Friendly Armies".   I have "Close Allies" but that is listed at 90 on my sheet, whereas you list it at 30, so I don't think it's the same thing...

Also, if a bank loan at 100k is 45, currently bank loan at 75k is also 45...is that changing as well, or you can have either for the same points? bank loan 50k is 30 pts...

Lastly, is the assumption that any of the items not listed above are simply not changing?

--
-Ken

Joao Moura

Sep 5, 2022, 6:45:52 PM9/5/22
to clashof...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ken, thanks for checking it one more time.

I made a mistake with labels on Aug 28 during an unrelated change, where I renamed Gold Digger to Friendly armies. I reverted it now.

Yes, Bank Loans of 100k and 75k would cost the same, but one also pays less every turn. Supply and demand is putting them on the same cost.

Yes, if it is not in the list, it is not changing.

These are the changes for GOT – Game of Thrones and all its variants’ scenarios - UPDATED

97

Gold Digger

30

45