Beta game of First Age ready to start -call for gamers

GM Team

Sep 24, 2022, 11:45:08 AM9/24/22
to ClashOfLegends
Hi gamers,

The Tolkien scenario where Morgoth and Sauron, among many others, is ready to get a beta test run to work out balance and a few kinks. Check some details in the sign up page and the results file attached.

I plan to start the weekly game as soon as we fill up. Go sign up!

What I ask of you is constant checking of results and feedback on how to make it better.

A few powers have yet to be implemented yet and there is only one NPC, but I hope to have all powers done before the game starts. There are the pending powers.
  • Shadow Lord: A veil of shadow moves around him, protecting him from detection spells
  • Scavenger: % enemy casualties become food
  • Might of the wyrm: Attacks troops when in army combat. i.e. equivalent to a more powerful cast army spell, double if commanding the army, for free
  • Fly - can move across any water but can't stop on it. Ignore roads and rivers.
  • Master of the skies: They can fly great distances (up to x hexes) carrying one extra character with them

Let's have some fun!

GM Team
All feedback is appreciated.
Join new games at: http://clashlegends.com/

game_768_0.malkav.rr.egf

GM Team

Sep 24, 2022, 12:48:07 PM9/24/22
to GM Team, ClashOfLegends
I should have added a few key differences of the scenario:

Circa 465, Morgoth is ready to lead Angband to corrupt the newly awakened Atani (Men) while Sauron directs the war against the Elves. Where do you stand? Will Luthien steal the Silmaril again

This variant has a new map and follows the new rules for GOT. The main changes are:

  • Only rogues with a natural skill of 70 or more can try to assassinate. All other classes cannot assassinate.
  • Accelerated, game runs early when all orders are in.
  • All remaining assets from an eliminated nation will be transferred to another team member.
  • Overrun is no more, every time armies or navies meet, there is a single round of combat. If both armies remain after the single round, then the movement stops. A SINGLE ROUND OF COMBAT during movement with STANDARD tactics and no bonuses (item, dragon, wolf, spells, etc.), and it will cost one movement point.
  • Many trops, including all Ships and Catapults, will use extra resources to recruit and to equip with metals for better armor and weapons. I.e. a metropolis will recruit 50 ships maximum and each ship will consume 10x the Iron for weapons. Same for Catapults, but 3x.
  • Wood cost of recruiting catapults reduced to 50 each.
  • Dragons have a role as troops in an army and as characters receiving orders.
  • A population growth restriction is implemented. It is not allowed to grow a town into a burgh if there is already another one of equal size or bigger closer than 2 hexes away. Or a grow into metropolis if there is another closer than 3 hexes away.
  • Big cities will be more affected by loyalty drop from high taxes.
  • A new system of internal messages is implemented that simulates the messenger crows and butterflies, where the relevant news flies all over the map.
  • On the map of the Counselor, all the "big cities" of all players are visible. All players will always know which nation controls each of them.
  • The nation's capitals cannot be razed. They can be conquered, influenced, degraded, ...
  • There is a new scoring system based on capital control and other key cities. Conserving these populations gives a nation Points of Domination. Each capital is worth 2 points, each other city bigger than a town or fortified with a castle or above, is worth 1 point.
  • Skills for certain PC races can go beyond 100. Commander 500 anyone?
  • Characters now can have special powers... you should check Balrogs' and Elves' to start with. .
  • Lower army movement costs and tons of rivers and roads.
  • Hidden cities? maybe
  • Did I mention vampires and werewolves as characters infecting others with their diseases?

Please, communicate and send feedback often to the GM.

GM Team
All feedback is appreciated.
Join new games at: http://clashlegends.com/

Lobo

Sep 29, 2022, 3:38:20 PM9/29/22
to clashof...@googlegroups.com, GM Team
Hi!

For communication and feedback, we wrote directly to GM Team? Maybe it would be interesting to create a specific google group for this scenario.

Anyway, I think Hosts of Angband needs an important economic adjustment, because I would never forgive myself being able to play with Morgoth himself and being eliminated in turn 2 because i can't pay the bills 😅😅😅😅

Best Regards
Hector

"¿Es toda una experiencia vivir con miedo, verdad? Eso es lo que significa ser esclavo."

sky...@libero.it

Sep 30, 2022, 3:54:21 AM9/30/22
to clashof...@googlegroups.com, GM Team

I agree May Be It Is Better ti have a group so to send Just One mail and not so many as the player are

--
Inviato da Libero Mail per Android

giovedì, 29 settembre 2022, 09:38PM +02:00 da Lobo ellob...@gmail.com: