An issue in generating verilog file

Farhad A

Jul 31, 2021, 2:24:15 AM7/31/21
to Clash - Hardware Description Language

Hello everyone,
I have an issue in generating verilog file from Clash compiler. It generates VHDL file properly with testbench, but after compiling all modules during Verilog generation, the weird error that I've attached here will pop up and verilog directory will be created with empty Verilog file. I would be appreciated if you could help me with this problem. Thanks in advance.
Cheers,
Farhad
Capture.PNG

mar...@qbaylogic.com

Jul 31, 2021, 5:11:28 AM7/31/21
to Clash - Hardware Description Language
Hi Farhad,

I believe this might have been fixed in:

This fix is in master, but I'll backport it to Clash 1.4:

I'll keep you posted.

Kind regards,
Martijn

Farhad A

Jul 31, 2021, 11:59:16 AM7/31/21
to Clash - Hardware Description Language
Hi Martijn,
Thanks for your response. Can you please explain how can I apply this fix? I installed Clash using snap store in Ubuntu. Do I need to just changes those additions and deletions mentioned in that post?
Regards,
Farhad

mar...@qbaylogic.com

Aug 8, 2021, 4:27:16 AM8/8/21
to Clash - Hardware Description Language
Hi Farhad,

With the snap there's no good way of applying the patch. Typically you'd run Clash using Cabal/Stack as described in "Option B" over here: https://clash-lang.org/install/linux/. Both build systems allow you to pick an arbitrary git commit to build Clash from.

I'm going to try and release Clash v1.4.3 today though, which includes your fix. Either waiting or "snap refresh" should install the new version when it's released.

Martijn

Farhad A

Aug 9, 2021, 11:42:33 AM8/9/21
to Clash - Hardware Description Language
Hi Martjin,
Thanks for your help and explanation. I went through the Stack tutorial as you mentioned which fixed my issue. From now on, I will use this approach. Thanks again.
Best regards,
Farhad