-Wimplicit-fallthrough in -next

Nathan Chancellor

Jul 13, 2021, 12:03:16 PM7/13/21
to Gustavo A. R. Silva, Nick Desaulniers, clang-bu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gustavo,

Apologies for the HTML email, as I am mobile for a few days but I wanted to make sure you see this.

Looks like -Wimplicit-fallthrough is turned on in -next, thank you for all the work you have put into it! Unfortunately, it looks like this breaks a few builds due to -Werror and there are still a few warnings lingering in architecture specific drivers. Would you mind taking a look? They can be viewed at the link below.

Cheers,
Nathan

Gustavo A. R. Silva

Jul 13, 2021, 12:15:06 PM7/13/21
to Nathan Chancellor, Gustavo A. R. Silva, Nick Desaulniers, clang-bu...@googlegroups.com
Hi!
I only see reports in this form:

ARCH=mips LLVM=1 LLVM_VERSION=13 malta_defconfig+CONFIG_BLK_DEV_INITRD=y
unannotated fall-through between switch labels [-Werror,-Wimplicit-fallthrough]

Is it possible to see the file and line of code that triggers the warnings?
That'd be really helpful. :)

Thanks
--
Gustavo

Nathan Chancellor

Jul 13, 2021, 12:54:31 PM7/13/21
to Gustavo A. R. Silva, Gustavo A. R. Silva, Nick Desaulniers, clang-bu...@googlegroups.com
Yes! If you click on the link right above the warning text in that view,
you should either see the errors right away or click on the "boot test"
item and the warnings should be highlighted in yellow.

Ler me know if there are any issues.

Cheers,
Nathan

Gustavo A. R. Silva

Jul 13, 2021, 2:02:08 PM7/13/21
to Nathan Chancellor, Gustavo A. R. Silva, Nick Desaulniers, clang-bu...@googlegroups.com
I still don't see any files or lines of code...

All I see is:

Set up job
Boot test

Do you see any line of code on your side?

--
Gustavo

Nathan Chancellor

Jul 13, 2021, 2:18:35 PM7/13/21
to Gustavo A. R. Silva, Gustavo A. R. Silva, Nick Desaulniers, clang-bu...@googlegroups.com
Click in the "Boot test" and the view should expand. The warnings will
be at the bottom and should be highlighted in yellow. If you want a more
plain view, search for "build.log", which should find the TuxSuite log
link, which is plain text.

Hopefully that helps!

Cheers,
Nathan

Gustavo A. R. Silva

Jul 13, 2021, 2:28:27 PM7/13/21
to Nathan Chancellor, Gustavo A. R. Silva, Nick Desaulniers, clang-bu...@googlegroups.com
aarggh... I wasn't logged in GitHub.

Now I see it. Thanks!

--
Gustavo

Gustavo A. R. Silva

Jul 13, 2021, 4:18:40 PM7/13/21
to Nathan Chancellor, Gustavo A. R. Silva, Nick Desaulniers, clang-bu...@googlegroups.com
Nathan,

On 7/13/21 11:03, Nathan Chancellor wrote:
I have fixed most of them and updated my -next tree:

https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/gustavoars/linux.git/log/?h=for-next/kspp

I'm planing to send a pull-request with these changes for 5.14-rc2 and fix the rest of
the issues for 5.14-rc3...rc7

Thanks for the report! :)
--
Gustavo