Guidelines: The Debate

1 view

Sir Auron25

Jun 21, 2010, 8:11:53 AM6/21/10
to [Clan Mono-Black] The Phyrexian Arena
Ok, now that I finally got on here, its time we discuss this a bit?

Firstly, does anyone have any problems starting with Masques? This
idea was proposed when CMB voted on this tournament, but its not
official.

Secondly: GET PEOPLE! We can use more. I believe we set the first of
July as the starting day.

Thirdly: A ban list. I posted a few pages about ban lists, but this is
also up for debate.

Dragoon26

Jun 21, 2010, 1:04:18 PM6/21/10
to [Clan Mono-Black] The Phyrexian Arena
I think beginning at Masques is a good idea. I did a bit of research
on the deck lists for the Invitational a few years ago where this was
one of the formats, and over 75% of the decks had Ice Age as one of
their blocks simply for access to Force of Will (and Brainstorm and
Counterspell in the same block.) I think we'll see a more diverse
field if we make Masques the cut off. This would also prevent any
Counter-Top decks, as Cold Snap won't be legal.

And speaking of Top, I would kinda like to see it banned, if for
nothing else because it makes games take forever... >_<

AsianInvasion

Jul 8, 2010, 11:45:48 PM7/8/10
to [Clan Mono-Black] The Phyrexian Arena
I don't believe that statistic. "75%?" Either that's an exaggeration
or the people there really had no creativity.
I think Ice Age is a fine block and adds a much-needed control element
to BYOS. CounterTop isn't unbeatable, either. In the end it's your
call, SA.

AI

Dragoon26

Jul 13, 2010, 2:39:30 AM7/13/10
to [Clan Mono-Black] The Phyrexian Arena
Okay, it was actually on half of the decks that used Ice Age. However,
12 of the top 16 decks did use blocks before Merc. And yes, they were
not very creative. There were several repeat archetypes in the top 16.
So the point still stands.