Introductions

Clairnote Music Notation Group

Feb 5, 2022, 1:13:30 PM2/5/22
to Clairnote Music Notation Group
Welcome to the Clairnote Music Notation Group!

Please feel free to introduce yourself, for example:  How did you find out about Clairnote?  Is there anything that makes it particularly interesting to you?  Do you play an instrument?  What's your experience with reading and playing music?

Paul Morris

Feb 5, 2022, 1:50:31 PM2/5/22
to clai...@googlegroups.com
Greetings,

I'm Paul Morris, the designer of Clairnote SN (and DN).  It is my
"variation on a theme" based on similar systems I discovered through the
MNMA, which later became the MNP.  (see musicnotation.org)  I've been
involved with alternative music notation systems off and on for almost
20 years now.

I made the Clairnote website (https://clairnote.org) and the software
that lets LilyPond create sheet music in Clairnote music notation.

I am an amateur musician who enjoys playing acoustic guitar, singing,
and playing trumpet.  I've used Clairnote for reading music for trumpet
and guitar.  I also play a little piano and have used it a little for
reading piano music as well.

I'm setting up this google group to make it easier for people interested
in Clairnote to connect with each other.

(There are now a lot of people who have liked Clairnote on Facebook, and
so I wanted to introduce a group/mailing list to make it easier for
people to connect and be able to engage with each other via email,
outside of any given social media platform.)

If you're interested in Clairnote, please join the group and introduce
yourself in whatever way you'd like.  I look forward to hearing your
thoughts about Clairnote and experiences with it. It's always
encouraging to hear from others who like and appreciate Clairnote.

Paul

Message has been deleted

andres...@gmail.com

Apr 28, 2022, 1:40:08 AM4/28/22
to Clairnote Music Notation Group
Hello!

I'm Andrés Megías. I play the piano and a little bit the guitar, and I've been using Clairnote for a year.

I discovered it like 2 years ago when searching for isomorphic keyboards. I discovered the website of The Music Notation Project and then I ended up in the Clairnote website. I really liked it. I specially like that every note has a single position on the staff and that the vertical distance between notes is directly related to the distance in tones/semitones. I also like the octave periodicity of the staff. I started to investigate how to write sheet music in Clairnote. I read about LilyPond, but I found it a bit tricky. I finally managed to write scores in MuseScore, exporting them to MusicXML format and importing it to LilyPond, through Frescobaldi. I wrote to Paul and we decided to write some blog posts for the website where I would explain how to write sheet music in Clairnote using this method.

Nowadays I always transcribe the pieces I want to learn to Clairnote, and I've been using it for learning new pieces for a year. As a user, I really like it and find it even easier than traditional notation.

I hope that Clairnote gets more popular, and I'd love to meet more people interested in this. :)

Best regards,
Andrés