Spring Quarter - Week 6 Updates

Jamie Ly

May 4, 2020, 11:01:50 AM5/4/20
to cki...@googlegroups.com

Heyo, friends!
I hope midterms are (still) treating you well and that you're getting plenty of rest.

Last Tuesday, our Service Initiative chair hosted a Recycling 101 workshop in commemoration of Earth Day! Save the turtles! If you missed it, you can check the Service Initiative FB page for the presentation slides. After our general meeting on Wednesday, we had members present their club theme suggestions for next year (it was a blast!); you can also check out the slides on our FB page! However, voting has closed as of yesterday evening. On Saturday, we had the first of our weekly Discord socials, starting with fun rounds of Skribbl.io. Look out for our next weekly social coming soon! Lastly, just yesterday, we had May District Board meeting to updated everyone on what the higher levels in the organization has been up to.

As a reminder: Our Art Auction Sign-Ups are continuing until May 15th as well. Opportunities galore! Make use of them :)

General Meetings will be Wednesdays at 8pm via Zoom; Can't wait to see you there!

Much love,
Jamie Ly

If you have any questions or concerns, please contact President Jamie Ly via email at jaml...@gmail.com.
Fill out an online application here and pay your membership fee of $35. Contact either Treasurer Jack Chen about payment OR pay via Venmo @ckiucr. Your membership will last you the entire school year plus the summer. It also covers:
  • District Fees
  • Administrative Funds
  • T-Shirt
  • and other fun member-only privileges!
Sign up for upcoming events on our website's calendar. Click on the event you're interested in, click "Sign up here", then fill out the Google form.
Rides will always be given at AI Horseshoe unless otherwise noted (members will be given priority for rides). Please be on time!
Vice President of Administration
-applications OPEN-

Here is yet another chance for you to get involved! Applications for VPA are open until 5.13 so make sure to snag your chance at being on E-board!

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
This one's for all you TWICE and BTS stans out there! Come debut at our weekly gen. meeting on Wednesday!
If you would like the link, check our FB page on the day of or email me!
PRIZES PRIZES

Our Vice President of Service is putting on a game for all of you competitive folk out there! Head on over to FreeRice.com and answer some trivia questions to make a difference to those in need!
! Remember to disable AdBlock !

Need to kill time?

🎮Join the chaos at our (first) weekly Jackbox social on Discord🎮

https://discord.gg/yfvP2A

Discord Server will be undergoing some construction soon!
💌Service, Service, 💌
💌We love Service!💌

Come on out on Saturday for our next Service event! All you need is some paper and pencils/markers/crayons to make some literacy letters!

If you would like the link, check our FB page on the day of or email me!
EXTENDED
Calling all creatives! Have you ever wanted to show your artistic talent to the world?
Sign up to donate some artwork that will be auctioned off at our Art Auction Fundraiser:
https://tinyurl.com/s73xey9
Join one of the committees below to become more involved with the club!
General meetings this quarter will start Week 3 and be held through Zoom at 8pm on Wednesdays!
Follow us on all our social media to stay updated!
Website
Facebook
Instagram
President - Jamie Ly
For CKI socializing and other needs there is the Spam-a-Lot Facebook group for you to SPAM with your CKI friends there and not on the official group page!
Remember to be kind to yourself during these troubling times! It's ok to be tired.
If you would like to unsubscribe from the emailing list, please email us and let us know!