Platform unsupported

creativeintentions

Mar 25, 2010, 5:04:20 PM3/25/10
to CK-ERP (English)
Hello.

Several attempts have been made to install CK-ERP 0.29.1 in a
functional environment.

My 1st attempt was on localhost with Mac OS X 10.5.8 running MAMP
1.8.4 with Apache 2.0.63, PHP 5.2.11, MySQL 5.1.37, Drupal 6.16 (do I
need 6.8 instead?) was to no avail.

I then opted to move it to Linux with Apache 2.2.15, PHP 5.2.13, MySQL
5.1.45.

Following the installation procedure online (for Drupal) at
http://ck-erp.org/drupal/node/10 (to the best of my knowledge) I
receive the 1 of 2 of the following messages: "Platform, , not
supported" (via localhost), or "Page Not Found". I've tweaked the
address (the URL I type into address bar in step 6a for Drupal install
[or 6n depending on which install guide you regard]) to point at ..."/
modules/ck-erp-0.29.1/ck-ledger/index.php" and I receive the 1st error
("Platform, , not supported").

I am very determined to get this installation to work.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time; I hope
to hear back very soon!

--
creativeintentions

C K Wu

Mar 25, 2010, 9:08:37 PM3/25/10
to ck-e...@googlegroups.com
Hi, creativeintentions,

Thank you for your interest in CK-ERP.

I suspect your problem can be traced to,
"/modules/ck-erp-0.29.1/ck-ledger/index.php" .

Your current installation tree probably resembles,

..../modules/.... (other drupal modules)
/ck-erp-0.29.1/ck-??? (CK-ERP folders)

Step 3 of the Installation Manual indicates,

Untar the CK-ERP software tarball into .... drupal's (modules) ....
directory (# tar -xzvf <full path name of ck-erp-0.29.1.tar.gz>)

ie, the resultant installation tree should look like,

..../modules/.... (other drupal modules)
/ck-??? (CK-ERP folders)

Not positioning the various ck-??? folders directly inside the /modules/
folder will result in the "Platform,, not supported" error.

Best Regards,
CK

creativeintentions

Mar 25, 2010, 8:57:48 PM3/25/10
to CK-ERP (English)
I do want to point out that my previous stated problem has resolved.

Sometimes it's the simple things that I overlook:

The solution was to place the sub-folders of "ck-erp-0.29.1" (or
whichever build) outside of that folder (up one level).

I am now experimenting and learning the system. Thank you for time.

On Mar 25, 5:04 pm, creativeintentions

<creativeintentions....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello.
>
> Several attempts have been made to install CK-ERP 0.29.1 in a
> functional environment.
>
> My 1st attempt was on localhost with Mac OS X 10.5.8 running MAMP
> 1.8.4 with Apache 2.0.63, PHP 5.2.11, MySQL 5.1.37, Drupal 6.16 (do I
> need 6.8 instead?) was to no avail.
>
> I then opted to move it to Linux with Apache 2.2.15, PHP 5.2.13, MySQL
> 5.1.45.
>

> Following the installation procedure online (for Drupal) athttp://ck-erp.org/drupal/node/10(to the best of my knowledge) I

hedkruzedirecta

Mar 26, 2010, 5:55:44 PM3/26/10
to CK-ERP (English)
Thank you for your reply.

> >http://ck-erp.org/drupal/node/10(to the best of my knowledge) I

Alvyn Khoo

Nov 17, 2012, 8:32:09 AM11/17/12
to ck-e...@googlegroups.com
I installed ck-erp-0.31.1 on local machine with joomla 2.58 and xampp 1.81

the path is localhost/j258/modules/ck-admin/index.php

but it still result in the "Platform,, not supported" error.

any assistant will be greatly appreciated

Best Regards,
AlvynK

C K Wu

Nov 17, 2012, 8:06:08 PM11/17/12
to ck-e...@googlegroups.com
Hi, AlvynK,

Thank you for your interest in CK-ERP.

The usual culprits for "Platform,, not supported" error are,

a) CK-ERP is being installed within a Windows environment (which is
not supported).
b) CK-ERP scripts are being placed in the wrong folder within the
middleware's directory tree (which does not seem to apply in your case).
c) CK-ERP is being installed against a middleware version that
CK-ERP's distribution had not been tested against. (ck-erp-0.31.1 was
tested, before release, against Joomla 2.5.3, but not Joomla 2.5.8).

If a) is true, you need to re-install Joomla + CK-ERP within Linux.
If c) is true, you need to re-install CK-ERP 0.31.1 within Joomla 2.5.3

You may also like to search this group for other Joomla installation
problems to see if other hints emerge.

Best Regards,
CK

Alvyn Khoo

Nov 17, 2012, 10:40:27 PM11/17/12
to ck-e...@googlegroups.com
Thanks CK for your quick response. I will try to install in j2.53

Alvyn Khoo

Nov 17, 2012, 11:50:03 PM11/17/12
to ck-e...@googlegroups.com
I had tried to install joomla 2.53 other environment remain and result is the same Platform, , not supported

Got to wait till solution come along.

Thanks again CK for the quick response.

AlvynK

C K Wu

Nov 18, 2012, 4:36:09 AM11/18/12
to ck-e...@googlegroups.com
Hi, Alvynk,

Joomla is one of the more difficult middleware to have CK-ERP running atop of.  Please refer to,

http://groups.google.com/group/ck-erp-en/browse_thread/thread/67373558e340a53a/5d30d4d9bf474403?lnk=gst&q=Joomla+cookie#5d30d4d9bf474403

especially, item c) mentioned in this thread.

However, if you are running CK-ERP  at localhost (perhaps  to test out the various features of CK-ERP), one simple solution is to install CK-ERP over an alternative CMS, say, Drupal, XOOPS, Xaraya, e107 or the other ~40 middlewares.

Best Regards,
CK
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/ck-erp-en/-/d8T38o10jzMJ.