CiviForm release v2.0.0 is now available

Nick Burgan

May 15, 2024, 12:43:54 PMMay 15
to civiform...@googlegroups.com, civiform-...@googlegroups.com

While this release does not contain significant user-facing changes, it includes an upgrade to PostgreSQL 16. Following our rules for version numbers, since this requires careful consideration by sysadmins before performing the upgrade, we've decided to bump the major version to 2. There has also been a ton of change to CiviForm since v1.0, so it was about time to make the jump to v2.0 anyway.

When this version is deployed, the deployment process will include upgrading PostgreSQL in AWS RDS to version 16. Note that you must currently be on at least version 12.17 in order to make the jump to version 16. AWS will automatically take a snapshot of the database before the upgrade happens in case the upgrade is unsuccessful. We also recommend taking a full backup of the database before deploying this version as an extra safety precaution.

This upgrade will cause the deployment to take 10-20 minutes longer than usual. Be aware that the CiviForm application will be unavailable during this time and plan your deployment accordingly. We strongly suggest testing this upgrade in a staging or test environment before deploying to your production environment.

If you are not currently using the Terraform-based CiviForm deployment system and would like assistance upgrading to PostgreSQL 16, or would like assistance performing this upgrade with our deployment system, please contact us in the #eng-general channel and we'll be more than happy to help out! While this version of CiviForm will still work with PostgreSQL 12 for the time being, please upgrade to 16 as soon as possible, as this may not always be the case and all of our testing is now utilizing version 16.

This version also updates dependencies, fixes a few bugs, and continues some under-the-hood changes to our North Star UI efforts.

What's Changed

  • Update to PostgreSQL 16

Bug fixes

  • [BugFix] Error Updating TI Client when no email is provided by @swatkat1 in #7449