Droid app volunteers

Rick

Sep 28, 2010, 3:26:52 PM9/28/10
to civicapps
Hi Folks --

The purpose of this post is to solicit owners of Droid phones as
volunteers in the verification of the City's first-ever Droid app for
reporting of issues surrounding City owned infrastructure and/or
assets by citizens (formally referred to as "the iPhone app").

Last February, we released the iPhone app, "Citizen Reports", that was
well received by the community. Unlike the iPhone, however, the
landscape for Droid is quite fractured with many combinations of
device, OS, and carrier configurations. Accessing a sufficient number
of these configurations has proven to be quite challenging.

Please let me know if you would be willing to validate the release
candidate build on your Droid device. Testing of this app should take
just a few minutes of your time.

We're looking for Droid phones running OS v2.1 or later. Following
are popular configurations we're specifically looking for:

Samsung Epic 4G
HTC EVO 4G
Motorola Droid X
Google Nexus One
Samsung Vibrant
Samsung Fascinate
T-Mobile MyTouch 3G Slide

We've already tested a number of phones, including the Motorola Droid,
Motorola Droid 2, HTC Droid Incredible, Samsung Captivate, but if you
have any other Droid phone running OS v2.1 or later, we'd be
interested in testing on it as well.

Please contact me, Rick Nixon, to discuss further and/or arrange for
upload of the application to your Droid device. As soon as we
validate the release candidate we'll be releasing it as open source.

Thank you for your help with this important effort!

--Rick

Ezra G

Sep 29, 2010, 7:13:19 PM9/29/10
to civi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rick, I have a Nexus One that I'd be happy to test it out on.

-Ezra