Latest on my rig

1 view

Bob Bath

Oct 7, 2010, 8:23:37 PM10/7/10
to Civic EV Kit
Hey All,
I've put my CivicWithACord up for sale. True, it's a horrible economy
to be doing so right now, but the best way to get the wife behind the
wheel of an electric vehicle is to give her power steering back, and
strong winter heating, such as with a Nissan Leaf. It's a matter of
whether it, or her '01 Corolla sells first. Won't dip too much past
the asking price of $8K on the EV, as I've got the best parts money
can buy, and a fresh battery pack. Only a matter of time until oil
prices turn around anyway. Have removed the center defroster vent,
since the excess heat in a combustion Civvy has such ample heat to
spare that it throws most of it to the driver's face. In my case,
I'll be seeing if this move makes an appreciable difference in
deflecting more ceramically-heated air toward the front windshield.
Will report as temps. in So. OR continue to drop. On a related note,
I haven't sold a CivicWithACord DVD in months-- further proof that
this is quite a depression + anemic recovery! Wishing all of you the
best; stay charged!