Rust stains on concrete

Bob Bath

Dec 6, 2008, 12:20:00 AM12/6/08
to Civic EV Kit
Somehow, my battery racks have left rust stains on my
concrete garage floor. Either it's from the acid mist flaking away
the paint and exposing the steel underneath, or it's because the ends
of the tubular steel were never capped, and during the rainy season,
water drips out of them from normal driving. Maybe it's both.
I've heard Ecomade Rust Remover for Concrete
(Singerman Laboratories) is the best for removing it. While
expensive, it doesn't attack concrete the way muriatic acid does. TSP,
while suggested on the web, is not entirely successful at doing the
job.
Will keep you posted to find out how it performs! In the meantime, cap
the ends of your tubular steel, and prime everything well...
Ahhh, how much longer until _lithium_?!!

Bob Bath

Dec 10, 2008, 11:44:30 PM12/10/08
to Civic EV Kit
Update: Have MOCAP sending out some caps for the tubular steel which
should do the trick. Nice people; no charge, just eager to help an
EVer, so I'm getting the word out!