Heat pump, anyone?

Bob Bath

Jun 20, 2009, 9:19:23 PM6/20/09
to Civic EV Kit
Does anybody know of a company making a decent heat pump for cars?
The OEM electric vehicles went that route, and they were efficient and
reliable. I do believe Panasonic was the manufacturer. Any bright
ideas on where/how to get started?
Thanks,

Jerry Pohorsky

Jun 22, 2009, 1:34:46 AM6/22/09
to Civic EV Kit
Hi Bob,

I have a heat pump in my Toyota RAV 4 EV, but I wouldn't recommend
this setup for a conversion EV.

Electric Blue has some heating and air conditioning products for
conversion EVs.
They also have a cool looking computer for your voltage, current etc.
instrumentation that uses a LCD on the dash for a display.

http://electricbluemotors.com/products.html

Adios,

Jerry Pohorsky
www.eeVeeMotors.com

Haudy Kazemi

Jul 2, 2009, 9:18:58 PM7/2/09
to civic-...@googlegroups.com
Maybe modify an add-on heat pump that was intended for tank water
heaters? Caveat: maybe too large, and very likely designed for a
vibration free environment which a vehicle certainly is not.

The AirTap is an example: http://www.airgenerate.com/products/airtap.html
18" x 14" x 13"(height)
Output: 7000 BTUs