Raptor 1200 controller issue

Bob Bath

Jan 30, 2009, 12:13:40 AM1/30/09
to Civic EV Kit
For the first 3 years with the Raptor, I've been laughing at people
who have a potbox throttle, as opposed to an inductive throttle like
mine; the difference being that inductive is not prone to wearing
out. Not anymore. There is apparently a diode which gets temp.
sensitive over time. Makes the Civic drive with 1/2 available current
under 38F or less. Ie, coming out of a warm garage is full power, but
coming home after running errands is not so swift. Looks like I will
be swapping a control board in the controller to accommodate a potbox
after all and get rid of this bug, but I think it's important to know
the strengths and weaknesses of each controller. (The issue is
eliminated with the use of the potbox and accompanying controller
board).
peace,