Losing the inductive throttle on the Raptor 1200 controller

Bob Bath

Dec 3, 2009, 7:41:28 PM12/3/09
to Civic EV Kit
Well, with winter back, my heat-sensitive diode is acting up again and
I have 1/2 power wherever I go. Nice considering that I don't need
any more speeding tickets, but notso nice when it comes to being a
poster child for fun, fast, efficient, enviro-friendly technology
EVs. Sooooo, I've bought my resistive throttle, and will be
installing it sometime in the next month or two. Meanwhile, I will
need to bring the car down to have the logic board changed out of the
controller as it will be reading a resistance instead of an
inductance.
Am not excited about eventually having a noisy carbon element giving
herky-jerky performance, as I've read about from other EVers, but it's
likely that I'll also get a better FM reception. Wahoo!