Operation Lonestar 2005

shaine

Aug 2, 2005, 7:59:20 PM8/2/05
to City of Mission, Texas
Operation Lonestar is a joint, humanitarian military mission conducted
for the express purpose of providing no cost medical and dental care at
3 locations. The locations include Mission, Rio Grande City, and
Brownsville. The designated sites of operation will be open for 10-12
hours a day for a total of 9 days. There is no screening process and
anyone who desires care will be extended the services. The operation is
provided through the collaborative effort of civilian volunteers, Army,
Navy, Air Force, and Marine Corps.

As of today, the Navy may begin screening as they are getting ready to
move out. All other medical services are expected to continue. Services
are scheduled to end on Thursday August 4th at mid-day. The Mission
site is located in E. R. Chapa Elementary on 4 Mile N Doffing Rd, which
is in the La Joya School District. Today, I had the honor of meeting
two of the military volunteers who shared the information with me. If
you know anybody who needs medical attention and can't afford help,
help them go to one of the three free clinics before the leave on
Thursday.

shaine

Aug 2, 2005, 8:01:40 PM8/2/05
to City of Mission, Texas