Experimental forums

1 view

shaine

Aug 12, 2005, 8:07:00 PM8/12/05
to City of Mission, Texas
I am setting up forums that I will donate to the community at
http://forum.missiontexas.net for all to use. The address redirects to
another address, but is much easier to remember. Of course, I want to
run it by the admin to see if it would be OK. At this time, it's not
100% sure. I had considered going over to City of Mission to fix the
bulletin board at no cost, but then it's not a good idea to give a
stranger admin access to your computer. This way, I can rebuild the
forum right away if we get hit again and the City can maintain network
security. You are all welcome to try it out.

Keep in mind that it's only official if Chris says it is.

If you are interested in writing about Mission, I am also looking for
somebody to join the team at missiontexas.net. Preferably somebody who
has some pride in the community. The only requirement is that you allow
comments on your posts. If you write something unpleasant, you have to
be able to take the criticism by visitors.

shaine

Aug 16, 2005, 1:10:05 PM8/16/05
to City of Mission, Texas
It looks like another forum was set up at a new host. The new forum is
at http://cityofmissionte.netfreehost.com/

I changed the redirection of forum.missiontexas.net to go there. It's
easier to remember than the actual address.