REQUEST FOR ASSISTANCE

Citizen

Jun 22, 2005, 3:44:09 PM6/22/05
to cityofmis...@googlegroups.com
A strip of grass that grows along a fence has only been cut twice in
six years. It is over two feet tall and impedes passage of vehicles
(two-way traffic) because it grows over
the alley. I recently saw a snake slither out of the grass in this
area and I'm concerned that children who play in the alley may be
harmed.
Could you please have someone look into this matter and let me know
what can be done? Thank you.

The property in question is:
Along the chainlink fence of the Mobil Gardens Community Park and the
alley of River Oaks Garden Apartments ... between the ally and the
fence...at about 1912 Summer Breeze...in the back of the apartments.
You'll see all this area along the entire alley is trimmed EXCEPT the
aforementioned.

-Citizen

Website Administrator

Jun 22, 2005, 5:03:46 PM6/22/05
to cityofmis...@googlegroups.com
The complaint will be forwarded to the Code Enforcement officers for
inspection. I went by and saw the problem with that strip of grass.
Do you know who is mowing the other areas but skipping that area?

Thanks.

-City of Mission

Con Juration

Jun 26, 2005, 3:45:04 PM6/26/05
to cityofmis...@googlegroups.com
I believe the people who mow the apartment grass do the strips along
that fence. As of yesterday when I went by....it had been cut.
Wow! That was fast and I'm going to give YOU credit for it. :-)

Website Administrator

Jun 27, 2005, 9:08:56 AM6/27/05
to cityofmis...@googlegroups.com
Thanks...let us know if you see any more problems in the area. We're
working on a plan to contract out mowing weedy lots starting in
October, rather than relying on our Streets and Parks department
employees doing the work. We feel this will be quicker and free up our
employees to mow Right of Way, city parks, etc. We're budgeting the
money for the new fiscal year and should be putting together a list of
mowing companies to assign the lots on a rotating basis in early
September for implementation on October 1st. Thanks.