Twitter handle feedback - CityCampAPL or CityCampNEW?

Ross Larson

Jul 26, 2013, 10:37:19 AM7/26/13
to citycamp...@googlegroups.com
Apparently, Twitter doesn't have enough characters in its naming scheme to allow CityCampAppleton as a Twitter handle.  It only goes up to "CityCampAppleto".

Possible alternatives are CityCampAPL and CityCampNEW.  CityCampNEW has North East Wisconsin as an implied goal, if we choose to expand in the future.  I had the great idea of using CCAppleton, but apparently Calvary Church already has that handle (https://twitter.com/ccappleton).

My preference would be to register both CityCampAPL and CityCampNEW, but to use CityCampAPL for this event.

I still think that we should use the hashtag #citycampappleton, no matter what we choose as a twitter handle.

Any thoughts?

Brett Schilke

Jul 26, 2013, 10:43:05 AM7/26/13
to citycamp...@googlegroups.com
I think that sounds like a good plan in general - keep NEW for future use, use APL now. Just a thought on that, though...APL to me means Appleton Public Library. I tend to think of city abbreviations in airport codes. ATW means Appleton for me. Don't know what other thoughts on that are. Are there other ways to abbreviate Appleton? Just my two cents!

Brett

Matthew Straub

Jul 26, 2013, 12:28:43 PM7/26/13
to Brett Schilke, citycamp...@googlegroups.com
I think @CityCampNEW makes sense, but it might make our immediate goal of focusing on Appleton unclear.
--

Matthew Straub
Communications Director, City X Project

IDEAco | The Coalition for Innovative
Development, Education, and Action

Andrew Hooker

Jul 26, 2013, 12:36:42 PM7/26/13
to citycamp...@googlegroups.com
I set up CityCampNEW as we'll want it for the future either way. Here's a look at what it would look like (with a better logo obviously)

Inline image 1
Screen Shot 2013-07-26 at 11.35.44 AM.png

Matthew Straub

Jul 26, 2013, 12:40:00 PM7/26/13
to Andrew Hooker, citycamp...@googlegroups.com
I guess seeing it that way with "CityCamp Appleton" as the name does make it all pretty clear. Let's do that!
Screen Shot 2013-07-26 at 11.35.44 AM.png

Andrew Hooker

Jul 29, 2013, 10:45:45 AM7/29/13
to Matthew Straub, citycamp...@googlegroups.com
Can we get a consensus on this so we can get started?

Matthew Straub

Jul 29, 2013, 11:30:15 AM7/29/13
to citycamp...@googlegroups.com, Matthew Straub
Looks decided and done to me.