Health Care Evidence Based Medicine- Diabetes- Module 1

shitij arora

Feb 14, 2013, 7:23:15 PM2/14/13
to citizensg...@googlegroups.com
Hello
This is what I had written for a local newspaper as a means of spreading health care awareness.  Please advice if something on these lines suits our cause.
Thanks for your time
Shitij Arora, MD
Dm2 article final.doc

Sanjeev Sabhlok

Feb 15, 2013, 12:49:30 AM2/15/13
to citizensg...@googlegroups.com
This is good, Shitij.

When CGOV was visualised, there was supposed to be a blog in which everyone could register and publish their material. It exists here: http://www.cgov.in/blog/

I'm happy for you to start off by getting an account on this and publishing your material. We can also link the blog with SKC movement so people from the movement can write here.

Anubhava, any idea how we can allow everyone in India to get access and publish (without overloading our server with massive movie files or pirated material?)

Anubhava Srivastava

Feb 15, 2013, 1:51:37 AM2/15/13
to citizensg...@googlegroups.com
We can allow all the people in India to publish blog but there has to be some moderation otherwise we'll be flooded with spam and junk material. We just need a moderator who will invite people to register on the blog first time only and then those registered folks can publish their articles as & when they want (without moderation).

Regards,
Anubhava

Sanjeev Sabhlok

Feb 15, 2013, 6:31:10 AM2/15/13
to citizensg...@googlegroups.com
Sure, Anubhava, are you able to be that person in the first instance and start off this, for Shitij?
Once we get more people we can think further.
Regards
Sanjeev
--
sanjeev sabhlok
About me: http://www.linkedin.com/in/sabhlok

Anubhava Srivastava

Feb 15, 2013, 7:04:36 AM2/15/13
to citizensg...@googlegroups.com
Alright I will act as moderator to start with. I will register Shitij on cgov WP blog so that he can publish his articles.

Regards,
Anubhava

Sanjeev Sabhlok

Feb 15, 2013, 7:10:46 AM2/15/13
to citizensg...@googlegroups.com
Great. Shitij, you can start off by publishing this material. I trust you are able to use Wordpress. If not we can talk over phone and I can give you some tips.

shitij arora

Feb 16, 2013, 3:35:38 AM2/16/13
to citizensg...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Sanjeev and Anubhava

I havent really used Wordpress but appears a very user friendly software. Will surely contact you in case of any issues.

SA
Regards
Shitij Arora, MD

Anubhava Srivastava

Feb 20, 2013, 6:57:53 AM2/20/13
to citizensg...@googlegroups.com
Dear Shitiz,

I have registered you with author role on cgov blog. You will receive an email with your password. You can directly publish your blog post using wordpress WYSIWYG editor.

Let us know if you run into any problems in doing so.

Regards,
Anubhava

Soumik Bhattacharyya

Feb 23, 2013, 2:24:24 AM2/23/13
to citizensg...@googlegroups.com

Why don't you allow users to register themselves and set the default user role to 'Contributor' ? In that case the pain o manually adding users can be avoided and at the same time posts would be moderated before they appear online.

Anubhava Srivastava

Feb 23, 2013, 2:47:45 AM2/23/13
to citizensg...@googlegroups.com
Soumik,

We shall cross the bridge when we come to it. It hasn't been any pain so far since Shitiz is the only one who wanted to publish blog posts. If it gets too much then we'll take an alternative approach.

Cheers,
Anubhava

On Sat, Feb 23, 2013 at 2:24 AM, Soumik Bhattacharyya <webdesig...@gmail.com> wrote:

Why don't you allow users to register themselves and set the default user role to 'Contributor' ? In that case the pain o manually adding users can be avoided and at the same time posts would be moderated before they appear online.

Sanjeev Sabhlok

Feb 23, 2013, 4:59:06 AM2/23/13
to citizensg...@googlegroups.com
There may be a risk of opening up without testing.

In principle I like the idea of open access. That was the whole point anyway. Just like AAP has started a website recently for anyone to contribute blogs/ideas.

Anubhava, I think with CGOV there are perhaps not too many risks? Can we open up and see what happens?

Anubhava Srivastava

Feb 23, 2013, 7:09:19 AM2/23/13
to citizensg...@googlegroups.com
We opened up one section of Forum for policy competition and got 3-4 times more spam that the actual posts. But still we can do a trial to have open public registration policy on cgov to see if we get good blog posts.

Regards,
Anubhava

Sanjeev Sabhlok

Feb 23, 2013, 4:08:03 PM2/23/13
to citizensg...@googlegroups.com
I agree there are huge administrative costs of opening up the blog and finding spammers; then removing the spam blog posts.

On the other hand, we could open up through a form (like a google spreadsheet) which seeks basic information from the person including phone number and the subjects they will write on. That way, we could approve those who want to publish.

We could provide general guidelines on what is acceptable and what is not, etc.

Anyone willing to help on this?

Shitij Arora

Feb 23, 2013, 4:15:18 PM2/23/13
to citizensg...@googlegroups.com
I would love to for health care related blogs

Sent from my iPhone

Sanjeev Sabhlok

Feb 23, 2013, 4:18:07 PM2/23/13
to citizensg...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Shitij. We need someone to lay out the general rules and principles, and manage the whole approval system. So just focusing on health won't do. You could definitely find good health writers and work with them through this system, but I think we are looking for a system that will work without creating spam blogs.

Soumik Bhattacharyya

Feb 25, 2013, 12:19:46 AM2/25/13
to citizensg...@googlegroups.com
Wait a minute, I do not think spammers would register themselves to post in blogs. Anyway all posts would be moderated thoroughly before appearing online, so we would need editor in any case.
There was a similar model working for Arvind Illamaran's concept Policy Cafe.

Sanjeev Sabhlok

Feb 25, 2013, 12:34:00 AM2/25/13
to citizensg...@googlegroups.com
Who would moderate blog posts? I didn't think that's what is intended. The idea is that pepole can publish whatever they like. Why censorship?

Anubhava Srivastava

Feb 25, 2013, 12:48:59 AM2/25/13
to citizensg...@googlegroups.com
I don't think we have time & resource to moderate each and every blog post. That's my earlier proposal was to just register interested people once (the way I did for Shitij) and then let them create & publish blog posts at their will without any moderation.

Regards,
Anubhava