Providing links to government databases and forms on CGOV

Sanjeev Sabhlok

May 14, 2012, 6:01:23 PM5/14/12
to CitizensGovernment
I was reading something today and have published a brief blog post:
http://sabhlokcity.com/2012/05/using-technology-and-social-media-to-fight-corruption/

Basically, I believe we can provide useful links to visitors to a
range of things:

- government databases/ addresses (e.g.NIC.in)
- anti-corruption organisations/ resources (e.g. 5th pillar/IAC etc)
- organ donation and blood donation resources
- etc.

Our purpose would then evolve from:
current: giving voice to all Indians
new: bridging the distance between the citizen and government

Any thoughts?

Soumik Bhattacharyya

May 15, 2012, 12:51:39 AM5/15/12
to CitizensGovernment
Definitely!

We'd need a list of all such organisations.

On May 14, 3:01 pm, Sanjeev Sabhlok <sabh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I was reading something today and have published a brief blog post:http://sabhlokcity.com/2012/05/using-technology-and-social-media-to-f...

Sanjeev Sabhlok

May 15, 2012, 2:00:40 AM5/15/12
to citizensg...@googlegroups.com
We can start with a page/ placeholder on the website for these things, and then build the data. There are useful resources at  http://india.gov.in/ , but I'd also like us to provide links to other useful info. So two pages, perhaps: one for government agencies, one for NGOs.

Sanjeev Sabhlok

May 15, 2012, 2:01:56 AM5/15/12
to citizensg...@googlegroups.com
Government have launched open gov portal in March

संदीप नारायण शेळके

May 15, 2012, 11:11:14 AM5/15/12
to CitizensGovernment
Yes.
We should share the useful resources including important forms(like
voter registration, gas connection, wedding cert etc), websites and
contacts (CICs, PIOs).

Jay Bharat!

Vikas Argod

May 15, 2012, 11:59:39 AM5/15/12
to citizensg...@googlegroups.com
WikifyIndia (http://www.wikifyindia.com/wiki/Main_Page) has good source of all such government sources, procedures.

Thanks,
Vikas

Sanjeev Sabhlok

May 15, 2012, 5:45:06 PM5/15/12
to citizensg...@googlegroups.com
Fantastic. Would someone be able to create a new page/tab on this?