Sponser CG

Soumik Bhattacharyya

May 9, 2012, 1:18:10 AM5/9/12
to CitizensGovernment
http://www.cgov.in/sponsor-citizens-government-2/

What do we EXACTLY write here? How will organisations sponser us? Fees
etc. that may be charged?
I think we need some discussion on this...

Sanjeev Sabhlok

May 9, 2012, 1:45:59 AM5/9/12
to citizensg...@googlegroups.com
Sponsoring, in my view, is to do more with providing volunteers on the ground. We don't need money. We don't have a bank account, either. And there is no plan to set up such a thing.

We need people's time - people who will help cgov in various ways (need to specify).
sanjeev sabhlok
Blog: http://sabhlokcity.com/
Freedom Team: http://freedomteam.in

Soumik Bhattacharyya

May 9, 2012, 2:02:44 AM5/9/12
to CitizensGovernment
Ok. I was wondering on terms of the blog post you wrote - something
like ".... NGO's may sponser without fees other may have to pay a
small fee..." etc.

I was thinking what to write in that page. So now it's pretty clear
what exactly "sponserring CG" meant.

I think we can rename it to "support CG"...what do you think?

On May 8, 10:45 pm, Sanjeev Sabhlok <sabh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Sponsoring, in my view, is to do more with providing volunteers on the
> ground. We don't need money. We don't have a bank account, either. And
> there is no plan to set up such a thing.
>
> We need people's time - people who will help cgov in various ways (need to
> specify).
>
> On Wed, May 9, 2012 at 3:18 PM, Soumik Bhattacharyya <

Mithun Dutta

May 9, 2012, 3:58:09 AM5/9/12
to CitizensGovernment
There must be a way we have to figure out in future where we will need
an X amount to be collected from Y number of people to be paid for
some purpose like infrastructure or outreach campaign.

On May 9, 11:02 am, Soumik Bhattacharyya <webdesigner12...@gmail.com>

Sanjeev Sabhlok

May 9, 2012, 9:37:32 AM5/9/12
to citizensg...@googlegroups.com
Good point, Mithun. Maybe the sponsoring organisations can contribute directly and undertake such activities. E.g. I'm sure FTI members can directly invited to contribute should there be any need for funds.

On FTI we have held a number of events by members directly paying for those things. Even the fee to hold a meeting in CCS Delhi (about Rs.1000 I think) is paid by those FTI members who attend, in cash.

Soumik, I'd still prefer the word "Sponsoring" organisation, noting that the sponsors would be required to contribute through resources to this effort, if they want to be known as a sponsor. Once CGOV is ready I'd like to propose to FTI to sponsor it, which means its members could more actively support this as well as link to CGOV on the FTI website.

Lalatendu Dash

May 9, 2012, 5:12:23 PM5/9/12
to citizensg...@googlegroups.com
As it stands now, the only money that we need are the hosting costs, and the cost for mobile phone/subscription. I am just wondering, is it a little too early to talk about fees, donations, money etc?

Of course, if this take off, and the existing infrastructure becomes insufficient then we will need more money. Should we wait till that time?

Regards,
Lala