Posts - need some help

Soumik Bhattacharyya

Apr 22, 2012, 12:48:05 PM4/22/12
to CitizensGovernment
I'd like to edit the posts format on cgov.in

Like I've turned off comments on the two posts written in cgov.in, but
I want to remove the tag on top of each of those two posts

"April 18, 2012 / Category Uncategorized / Posted By sabhlok /
Comments Off"

Anyone with any ideas about how to achieve this?

Lalatendu Dash

Apr 22, 2012, 1:13:01 PM4/22/12
to citizensg...@googlegroups.com
I think the tag appears by default for 'posts'. Since we are making these posts are static and not commetable, shall we convert them into pages instead?

Soumik Bhattacharyya

Apr 23, 2012, 12:18:06 AM4/23/12
to CitizensGovernment
Yes that'd be better if we convert them into pages.
Message has been deleted

Soumik Bhattacharyya

Apr 23, 2012, 12:43:49 AM4/23/12
to CitizensGovernment
Another problem pops up if we make them pages. The theme is so
programmed that it will display the top blog posts in that section
(currently titled 'Featured'). I experimented by changing the status
of the posts to "Draft" and that part on the homepage became blank.
So
it would look very awkward in that case.

Actually we can turn off those tags from the posts, but the wordpress
theme editor does not seem to work properly for some reason, so the
change needs to be done from the hosting a/c. Anubhava ji or Sanjeev
ji can thus do it, the template files code needs slight changes.

On Apr 22, 9:18 pm, Soumik Bhattacharyya <webdesigner12...@gmail.com>

Soumik Bhattacharyya

Apr 23, 2012, 12:56:07 AM4/23/12
to CitizensGovernment
I've mailed this issue that we would like some HTML code to be
executed in that portion instead of recent posts from the blog to
ad...@inkthemes.com. Let's see if he comes up with anything?

On Apr 22, 9:43 pm, Soumik Bhattacharyya <webdesigner12...@gmail.com>

Sanjeev Sabhlok

Apr 23, 2012, 1:00:29 AM4/23/12
to citizensg...@googlegroups.com
" the changes needs to be done from the hosting a/c. Anubhava ji or Sanjeev ji can thus do it, the template files code needs slight changes ".

If you can mail Anubhava (separately) the text for the relevant php files, I'm sure he can update them.

Anubhava Srivastava

Apr 23, 2012, 1:04:33 AM4/23/12
to citizensg...@googlegroups.com
Sure Soumik,

If you can please let me know which files needs to be modified and with what text I can sure do that from ssh. Alternatively you can email me changed files and I will simply upload them there.

cheers,
Anubhava

Soumik Bhattacharyya

Apr 23, 2012, 2:15:02 AM4/23/12
to CitizensGovernment
Thanks for the help.
Let me be very clear in this regard - I'm not too sure about tinkering
with template codes. So please have a full backup of the frontpage
code somewhere as there's always room for error and in case of any
emergency the original code can be restored back.

Now in the frontapge code there is something like this -

"<h1><?php _e('From The Blog', 'andrina-lite'); ?></h1>
<?php } ?>
<?php query_posts('posts_per_page=2'); ?>
<?php if (have_posts()) : while (have_posts()) :
the_post(); ?>
inkthemes_blog_image(185, 165); ?></a>
<h3><a href="<?php the_permalink() ?>"
rel="bookmark" title="Permanent Link to <?php the_title_attribute(); ?
>"><?php the_title(); ?></a></h3>
<?php echo
inkthemes_custom_trim_excerpt(30); ?>
class="index-read"></a>
"

I believe that's the part which makes a call to the recents posts and
gets them on over there.

Delete the part after the <h1> statement and change it to something to
see if it works. If this succeeds then we can replace the content over
there by some HTML.

But again as I say have a backup before applying this, and post here
the result...:)

cheers,
Soumik

Anubhava Srivastava

Apr 23, 2012, 2:44:45 AM4/23/12
to citizensg...@googlegroups.com
Soumik,

Please also tell me which filename(s) to be updated.

cheers,
Anubhava

Soumik Bhattacharyya

Apr 23, 2012, 2:48:30 AM4/23/12
to CitizensGovernment
frontpage.php

It should be in wp-content/themes/Andrina Lite

Soumik Bhattacharyya

Apr 23, 2012, 2:50:25 AM4/23/12
to CitizensGovernment
Change that frontpage.php as I stated.
cheers,
Soumik

On Apr 22, 11:48 pm, Soumik Bhattacharyya <webdesigner12...@gmail.com>

Soumik Bhattacharyya

Apr 23, 2012, 8:37:22 AM4/23/12
to CitizensGovernment
Just now I received an email from the creator of that theme...
" If you want to show some html code instead of the recent blog then
you have to do customization, you can call freelancer to do that..."

I guess the part I mentioned above is the one we need to change and
experiment. We can delete that part and insert some plain-code for a
trial to see if it works...

On Apr 22, 11:50 pm, Soumik Bhattacharyya <webdesigner12...@gmail.com>

Soumik Bhattacharyya

Apr 24, 2012, 1:06:44 AM4/24/12
to CitizensGovernment
Anubhava pls try it out when you have some time...

On Apr 23, 5:37 am, Soumik Bhattacharyya <webdesigner12...@gmail.com>

Soumik Bhattacharyya

Apr 24, 2012, 1:37:53 AM4/24/12
to CitizensGovernment
Finally I figured out why we were unable to use the wp theme editor.
It was because of WP Firewall plugin, which blocks from making any
changes to the templates. I've deleted it, so hopefully we can make
some changes to the template files ourselves.

On Apr 22, 9:48 am, Soumik Bhattacharyya <webdesigner12...@gmail.com>

Soumik Bhattacharyya

Apr 24, 2012, 1:48:55 AM4/24/12
to CitizensGovernment
BINGO!!!!!!
THAT TAG IS NOW TURNED OFF!!!!! YIPPEE....

On Apr 23, 10:37 pm, Soumik Bhattacharyya <webdesigner12...@gmail.com>

Sanjeev Sabhlok

Apr 24, 2012, 6:07:29 AM4/24/12
to citizensg...@googlegroups.com
Worpress firewall is a very powerful anti-hacking tool. If we don't want to use it, we should direct our website through cloudflare which takes care of hackers. Please let me know and I'll incorporate into cloudflare.

sanjeev sabhlok
Blog: http://sabhlokcity.com/
Freedom Team: http://freedomteam.in

Soumik Bhattacharyya

Apr 24, 2012, 6:30:47 AM4/24/12
to CitizensGovernment
Yes we can use Cloudflare

Sanjeev Sabhlok

Apr 24, 2012, 7:22:48 AM4/24/12
to citizensg...@googlegroups.com
OK, I've done that now. Should take effect in a few hours.

Anurag Dak

Jan 1, 2013, 10:24:58 AM1/1/13
to citizensg...@googlegroups.com
Hi Guys,
there is are error message on our site.
Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/sabhlok/public_html/cgov.in/wp-content/plugins/polldaddy/polldaddy-xml.php on line 743

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/sabhlok/public_html/cgov.in/wp-content/plugins/polldaddy/polldaddy-xml.php:743) in /home/sabhlok/public_html/cgov.in/wp-content/plugins/chap-secure-login/chapsecurelogin.php on line 30

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/sabhlok/public_html/cgov.in/wp-content/plugins/polldaddy/polldaddy-xml.php:743) in /home/sabhlok/public_html/cgov.in/wp-content/plugins/chap-secure-login/chapsecurelogin.php on line 30

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/sabhlok/public_html/cgov.in/wp-content/plugins/polldaddy/polldaddy-xml.php:743) in /home/sabhlok/public_html/cgov.in/wp-content/plugins/wordpress-mobile-pack/plugins/wpmp_switcher/wpmp_switcher.php on line 506

I dont know how to access the code base. i want to contribute for out site.

Regards,
Anurag Dak
9582176821
Learn from the mistakes of others. You can’t live long enough to make them all yourself.    - Chanakya

Sanjeev Sabhlok

Jan 1, 2013, 10:40:42 AM1/1/13
to citizensg...@googlegroups.com
This is because the new version of Wordpress on the server does not allow some of the older plugins. I'm totally flat out at the moment but time permitting, will fix this problem in due course.
--
sanjeev sabhlok
About me: http://www.linkedin.com/in/sabhlok