Quick recap, and pending work for CGOV.IN portal

Lalatendu Dash

Jan 9, 2013, 12:58:29 AM1/9/13
to citizensg...@googlegroups.com
Here is a quick recap, and the list of work that I understand is pending to make the CGOV portal fully functional.

Recap
  • Ushahidi S/W has been installed and integrated with the portal successfully.
  • Four channels to report issues have been configured and tested to work. These are
    •  SMS
    • Twitter
    • E-mail
    • Online form
  • WP templates have been created and configured for the portal
Pending work
  1. Obtaining a dedicated phone with internet connection that can be used to push texts onto the portal
  2. General tidy up and polishing of the portal, to make it look more professional
  3. Creating a small video to explain the functions of the portal.
  4. Defining appropriate categories for the Ushahidi heat map.
  5. Ushahidi has a new version available. Worth considering upgrading to it?
  6. To start with, the portal will be used only as a reporting tool. i.e. the life cycle of a complain will end when a complain is vetted and published on the portal and heatmap. Need to identify volunteers who are willing to do this vetting activity, and provide appropriate system access to them.
  7. At some point, we will have to extend the life cycle of the complain to be picked up by the 'field volunteers', and acted upon. Need to discuss where are we going to get the field volunteers from.
Hope I have covered everything. Please feel free to add anything that I have missed.

I suggest we identify one or more of these items, take full ownership of them, and work on them to completion. We can even form small teams of more than one people that work on one of more work items. Does that sound OK to everybody?

Thanks,

Sanjeev Sabhlok

Jan 9, 2013, 1:16:13 AM1/9/13
to citizensg...@googlegroups.com, Rakesh IAC Pandey
Thanks, Lala

I have spoken with Rakesh Pandey of IAC (Anna team) and we'd like to discuss this further with him. Ideally someone who understands the system, and lives in Delhi could interact with Rakesh to take this further.

In the meanwhile, of course, could volunteers pick up one or more projects they want to work on?

Regards
Sanjeev
--
sanjeev sabhlok
About me: http://www.linkedin.com/in/sabhlok

Lalatendu Dash

Jan 9, 2013, 2:23:05 AM1/9/13
to citizensg...@googlegroups.com
That sounds good Sanjeev. This might just help us in getting the field volunteer base that was one of our main contentions. Does anyone in this group live in Delhi? If yes then will they be ready to liaise with Rakesh on this?

I am going to start on the second WI (General tidy up and polishing of the portal, to make it look more professional). Is everyone OK with this? Does anyone else want to join me in this?

Thanks

Soumik Bhattacharyya

Jan 9, 2013, 7:41:19 AM1/9/13
to CitizensGovernment
"I am going to start on the second WI (General tidy up and polishing
of the
portal, to make it look more professional). Is everyone OK with this?
Does
anyone else want to join me in this?"

Count me in.

On Jan 9, 12:23 pm, Lalatendu Dash <ldash...@gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
> >>    6. To start with, the portal will be used only as a reporting tool.
> >>    i.e. the life cycle of a complain will end when a complain is vetted and
> >>    published on the portal and heatmap. Need to identify volunteers who are
> >>    willing to do this vetting activity, and provide appropriate system access
> >>    to them.
> >>    7. At some point, we will have to extend the life cycle of the
> >>    complain to be picked up by the 'field volunteers', and acted upon. Need to
> >>    discuss where are we going to get the field volunteers from.
>
> >> Hope I have covered everything. Please feel free to add anything that I
> >> have missed.
>
> >> I suggest we identify one or more of these items, take full ownership of
> >> them, and work on them to completion. We can even form small teams of more
> >> than one people that work on one of more work items. Does that sound OK to

Lalatendu Dash

Feb 1, 2013, 4:15:06 PM2/1/13
to citizensg...@googlegroups.com
Team,

I think we have reached a point where we can say that the cgov.in portal is 'almost' fully operational now. I say  'almost' as we still have to address the video, the blog and the phone connection issues. Few suggestions on these

 1. Shall we replace the video with something else that can easily and meaningfully fill that space? Any thoughts on what could go there?
 2. The blog is an important aspect of this portal, but is not directly related. I suggest we do not hold up launch of this portal for the blog.
 3. Phone connection is not  an issue as we have proved that the concept works. We can get a connection as soon as we find sufficient interest in the portal.

Thoughts?

Thanks

Sanjeev Sabhlok

Feb 1, 2013, 5:36:46 PM2/1/13
to citizensg...@googlegroups.com
Lala, it would be great if you can record yourself and upload a short 3-5 minute video about what this platform does, and inviting people to join the google group.

sanjeev sabhlok
http://freedomteam.in
Skypeid: sanjeevsabhlok

Lalatendu Dash

Feb 1, 2013, 6:19:11 PM2/1/13
to citizensg...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Sanjeev, I have never done anything of this sort before. Will give it a try and see how it turns out.

Is anyone else interested to have his/her voice immortalised through this video/audio clip? Please raise your hands asap.

Cheers

Sanjeev Sabhlok

Feb 1, 2013, 10:54:24 PM2/1/13
to citizensg...@googlegroups.com
I think you must do it since you know exactly what is going on. Even I can't do it. Re: how hard it is: I'm told smartphones can do this straight away - i.e. directly upload on youtube. Not sure how it is done but check out google for advice.

Lalatendu Dash

Feb 2, 2013, 4:55:22 AM2/2/13
to citizensg...@googlegroups.com
It is not difficult. Let me do some work on this and get back.

Thanks,