Proposed meeting in Delhi to discuss options for a commercially sustainable Citizens' Government initiative

1 view

Sanjeev Sabhlok

Jan 30, 2013, 6:32:42 AM1/30/13
to citizensg...@googlegroups.com
Dear Friends

As a next step to this work we started a few months ago, I've spoken with Rakesh Pandey who has kindly agreed to the idea of a physical meeting in Delhi in the next few weeks (date/venue to be determined). The meeting will consider two key things:

1) How can we use technology to advance democracy and governmental accountability?
2) Can such technology be packaged into a commercially viable (i.e. sustainable) model (e.g. through ads)?

As you may know, we have recently launched the Sone Ki Chidiya movement (http://sonekichidiya.in/) which will undertake a number of citizen mobilisation acitivites in the coming year. The idea is to link CGOV and such movements together, so there is a direct benefit to citizens of this work.

Do we have any interest in people meeting in Delhi in the next 2-3 weeks on a weekend? The first meeting could be held just for one day, and can start small, with just 2-3 people who want to discuss/brainstorm all aspects. (Ideally there should be at least 5 participants).

If you can fix 9 or 10 February, then the results of this meeting can flow into FTI's annual conference on 16/17 February for any follow up action (FTI is kick-starting the SKC movement).

I'm not going to be able to make it, but at least one or two FTI members would attend.

The ultimate goal is to prepare a business case for venture capital/ social capital funding.

Regards
Sanjeev

Lalatendu Dash

Feb 1, 2013, 4:30:46 PM2/1/13
to citizensg...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sanjeev,

Am happy to get in touch with Rakesh and others on this.  It will not, however,  be possible for me to come down to Delhi for the meeting, as I just came back from India.

Given the agenda that you have proposed, it should be possible for us to have a skype chat/sabsebolo conf on this. That will enable more number of people attending this irrespective of their geographical locations. Do you think it is worth considering?

Thanks,

Sanjeev