Fwd: You Defeated SB652 (Go to the Movies to Celebrate)

1 view

Rebecca Roter

Oct 20, 2018, 5:59:28 AM10/20/18
to susquehann...@googlegroups.com, north-centr...@googlegroups.com, citizensconcerneda...@googlegroups.com

Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

From: Berks Gas Truth <berksg...@gmail.com>
Date: October 20, 2018 at 1:03:48 AM EDT
To: alu...@aol.com
Subject: You Defeated SB652 (Go to the Movies to Celebrate)

VICTORY!! YOU DID IT!!
Your help is more important than ever!
VICTORY!!
SB652 Is Dead (for Now)!!
CONGRATULATIONS AND THANK YOU!!!
Your calls, tweets, faxes, and emails succeeded!
SB652, the bill that would have criminalized pipeline protest, is effectively dead.
It first appeared on the House calendar for Second Consideration the evening of October 9th. In the past 10 days, we were told more than once that the vote was coming, but thanks to the pressure you put on your legislators, the vote never came. It remains on the calendar for Second Consideration.
The House is adjourned until after the election, at this point. Only one more session day is scheduled this year, November 13. The procedural steps involved in moving a bill through Second and Third Consideration and back to the Senate, a necessary step because the House version is an amended version of the original, can't be done in the time remaining.
It is possible, but unlikely, that the House will add session days to the calendar. It's also possible that the bill will be re-introduced in the next session.
We will remain vigilant and let you know if we need you to take to the phones again!
For now, though, celebrate! Maybe take in a film! I have a great one to suggest. Read on...

RESERVE SEATS NOW!
PA Six-City Tour of UNFRACTURED Kicks-Off on Sunday in the Lehigh Valley!
Sandra Steingraber & Filmmaker Chanda Chevannes Will Take Your Questions!
The Pennsylvania tour of UNFRACTURED, featuring Sandra Steingraber, kicks off on Sunday in Bethlehem!

Admission is free, but please reserve seats using the links below!

October 21 - Lehigh Valley, Northampton Community College, College Center (CC) 190, 7 p.m.
bit.ly/unfracturedlv

October 22 - Philadelphia, Hamilton Connelly Auditorium, Hamilton Building, Thomas Jefferson University, 7 p.m.
bit.ly/unfracturedphiladelphia

October 23 - Williamsport, Fine Arts Building, Lycoming College, 7 p.m.
bit.ly/unfracturedwilliamsport

October 24 - Contaminated Without Consent Lecture and Screening, Harrisburg, Unitarian Church of Harrisburg (Clover Lane Campus), 7 p.m.
bit.ly/steingraberharrisburg

October 25 - Contaminated Without Consent Lecture and Screening, Pittsburgh, Eddy Theatre, Chatham University, 6 p.m.
bit.ly/unfracturedpittsburgh

October 26 - Lancaster, Stager Hall - Stahr Auditorium, Franklin & Marshall College, 7 p.m.
bit.ly/unfracturedlancaster

Screening Tour supported by Ontario Arts Council and the Direct Support Fund

Filmmaker Chanda Chevannes will introduce the film before each screening. She and Sandra Steingraber will take your questions after the film.
https://www.unfractured.com/

In addition, Dr. Steingraber will deliver a lecture called "Contaminated Without Consent: the Scientific Case Against Fracking and How it Prevailed in New York" in immediately prior to the Harrisburg and Pittsburgh screenings.

Dr. Steingraber's lecture is supported by the Ceres Trust.

The tour is presented by the Better Path Coalition and its local partners. See the full list on the Coalition's tour page.

What's Next?
The Better Path Coalition Will Hit the Ground Running in 2019 and It Starts on Election Day!
The report out this month from the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change tells us that we have 12 years to address climate change and that's widely regarded to be a conservative estimate.

The Better Path Coalition is launching a new campaign called the Article 1, Section 27 campaign, referring to the Environmental Rights Amendment in Pennsylvania's constitution. It is a rare protection; only one other state has one and it's weaker than ours. But our state legislators and governors since its adoption in 1971 have largely overlooked it.

It's time for that to change.

On Election Day, we will be at polling locations across the state gathering signatures on a petition we'll deliver shortly after the new session begins in January. Please sign and share the online version here. We'll deliver it to the winners of the legislative and gubernatorial races during a two-day action on starting on Sunday, January 27th (or 1/27) and continuing the following day. We'll have lots more to say about that in the coming days! (Spoiler alert: The Lorax will figure prominently.)

For now, please let us know if you're willing to spend an extra hour or two (or more) gathering signatures at your polling location when you go to vote on November 6th. Sign up here!

Questions? Contact us!
Berks Gas Truth, 260 East Main Street, 260 East Main Street, Kutztown, PA 19530-1517
Sent by berksg...@gmail.com in collaboration with
Constant Contact