Strength in Numbers conference call

jtr...@epix.net

Oct 15, 2018, 12:26:05 AM10/15/18
Hi all,

We will be having our next conference call on Wednesday, Oct. 17th at 7 PM to discuss how we can best stand unified against corporate and legislative abuse, and the blatant preemption of our rights.

We want to LISTEN to everyone's ideas, concerns, and causes.

We must speak out as one unified voice!

Our free conference call number is:
605-472-5787 pswd: 956727#

In Solidarity,
John Trallo and Dave Laidacker

In case you didn't receive our initial announcement, I've included the text below.

Strength in Numbers

For almost ten years I have been involved with various grassroots environmental, civil and community rights.

During this time, I have met with and interacted with many well-meaning people and organizations. Some have made modest accomplishments, others not so much beyond networking with other like-minded people within their community.

For the most part, this kind of activism can be more emotionally taxing than rewarding.
Most of us who become involved with grassroots activism, are focused on issues and abuses that directly threaten our local communities where these threats are more immediate.

Fast forward to the “Big Picture”.

Most of the abuse we endure are from multinational corporations with extensive government ties. The local entities we fight against are usually just “front groups” for these deep-pocketed, politically connected corporations.

We have learned that the state and federal regulatory agencies; i.e. the PA/DEP, the EPA, FERC, etc., essentially exist to legalize what would be considered illegal, dangerous, and destructive activities, that are often direct threats to public health and safety.

All the individuals and grassroots community groups are among some of the bravest and socially conscious people I have ever met, however, all – myself and the organizations I am affiliated with included, have one major self-defeating flaw, which I call “tunnel vision”.

I do not mean this statement to be divisive. On the contrary, my goal is to unify.

Whether it is a fracked gas well, a factory farm, a toxic landfill, a dangerous pipeline, voter suppression, racial/sexual discrimination, or a corrupt judicial system we’re focused on, we are blinding ourselves to the “Big Picture”, and possibly the “Big Solution”.

History has taught us that our founding fathers, the framers of our Constitution and Bill of Rights, didn’t always agree on all issues, or on all strategies.
However, what they did eventually come to realize was that their goal was the same. To have a voice, to self-govern, and to hold government accountable to the people, and not to the dirty monied special interests. It took the cooperation of all 13 original colonies to stand united, despite their various concerns, to resist and overcome the stranglehold the crown of England had on them.

This is a lesson we must seriously take to heart if we hope to accomplish our goals.

The powers that be, political or corporate, rely on us being fragmented and distracted by the various injustices inflicted upon us. They feed off the division among our ranks.

Therefore, I believe it is time we make a concerted effort to move beyond the nuances and various issues that separate us drain us of our strength.

The one thing these powers that be understand, and fear, is a unified resistance. Strength in numbers.

Numbers of protestors, numbers of voters, numbers of citizens standing together supporting each other, crossing township, and state lines and declaring in one unified voice that we will not be sacrificed for corporate greed, and neither will our children, or the future generations yet to come.

Our government was established to empower the people, and only gets its authority “from the consent of the governed”. This is the bedrock of our representative democracy. It is our insurance policy against tyranny.

All those interested in joining in solidarity to stand up to the political and corporate powers that are destroying our environment, our democracy, and the chance for a better and more sustainable future, please contact us either by phone, or by email.

*Please feel free to share this with other motivated individuals, community groups, and grassroots organizations who might be willing to join the ranks.
I have also included a downloadable docx copy of this email body as an attachment that can be shared.

Organizations United for the Environment: OUE

John Trallo
Vice Chair
or
Dave Laidacker
Chair

John Trallo 570-482-3503
Vice Chair, OUE - Organizations United for the Environment
Board President:
PA Community Rights Network - PACRN
Volunteer at Neighbors Helping Neighbors
Opinions & editorials:
Citizen Sane/blog
John Trallo Music

"When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. When the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson