Fwd: Calling the Governor & Getting on the bus for S.O.S.

Rita Yelda

Dec 18, 2014, 2:19:16 PM12/18/14
to citizens-against-fracking-, dontfrackcha...@googlegroups.com

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: WNYDrillingDefense . <wnydrilli...@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, Dec 18, 2014 at 1:18 PM
Subject: Calling the Governor & Getting on the bus for S.O.S.
To: wnydrillingdefense <wnydrilli...@googlegroups.com>

Dear Fracktivists,

We are sure you’ve heard the amazing news by now - New York BANNED FRACKING! In the new year, the D.E.C. is to issue legally binding findings prohibiting HVHF in NY. Governor Cuomo listened to the science, he listened to New Yorkers, and protected our health and future generations! We cannot thank him enough. He stood up to the big oil and gas industry for all New Yorkers, and he deserves our thanks.

Call Governor Cuomo now: 1-518-474-8390
Email him: http://www.governor.ny.gov/contact

We also can’t thank you all enough for everything you’ve done to make this possible. Our movement is incredible and it’s because of everyone that science was able to prevail for the health of all New Yorkers and future generations. Ours is a movement that sprang up around people’s kitchen tables in every corner of our great state. It’s a movement of everyday people who love our children, our family and friends, neighbors and communities. It’s love that has driven our movement and it is love that won this.

We thank Governor Cuomo from the bottom of our hearts on behalf of millions of New Yorkers. He did the right thing and stood up for the health and safety of all of us. He didn’t cave to the oil and gas industry like other governors across the country who have subjected their citizens to the toxic contamination of fracking, or the President who is an oil and gas industry sell-out.

This is the beginning of a new chapter for many of us who have dedicated years of our lives to this fight. After the holiday season we need to roll up our sleeves and get to work to make New York State the renewable energy capital of the United States. We can do it!

We still need to be in Albany on Jan. 7th outside of Cuomo's S.O.S. speech to keep up the pressure, give a voice to waste & infrastructure fights (such as pipelines, wastewater treatment, gas storage under Seneca Lake, and bomb trains that travel across NY).

Most importantly, we need to be there on Jan. 7th to prod Cuomo to be a leader on renewable energy, ensuring fracking doesn't come back in the future to haunt NY due to needs for fossil fuels.

Jan. 7th will be a combination celebration & push for renewable energy!
Please join us on the bus to Albany. Bus seats are still available from Buffalo & Rochester. http://bit.ly/buf-15

Sincerely,

Western NY Drilling Defense