Bike Angel API?

Ryan Crull

Aug 10, 2020, 3:35:56 PM8/10/20
to BikeNYC and CitiBikeNYC Hackers
Is there a way to get the current "Bike Angel" status of stations?  For example, seeing if a CitiBike station has a +1, +2, 0, -1, -2, etc status?
I didn't see anything in the GBFS feed.
Thanks!
Ryan

VladB

Aug 10, 2020, 6:47:25 PM8/10/20
to BikeNYC and CitiBikeNYC Hackers
Hi Ryan,

If you're talking about Bike Angel Points, I think there is a way to get this data via API.

Here's the Request:

In the Response, these are the two attributes to look at:
  • bike_angels_action
  • bike_angels_points

- Vlad

Ryan Crull

Aug 18, 2020, 8:23:59 AM8/18/20
to BikeNYC and CitiBikeNYC Hackers
Hey Vlad,
That's awesome and will work for me, thank you!
Can I ask where that endpoint is coming from?  Is that an official Citibike endpoint or a 3rd party?

Just curious, since I thought all the data feeds were contained in:  http://gbfs.citibikenyc.com/gbfs/gbfs.json

Thanks!
Ryan

VladB

Sep 11, 2020, 1:50:01 PM9/11/20
to BikeNYC and CitiBikeNYC Hackers
I believe that is the endpoint that the front end calls when populating the map.

Rafał Piwowarczyk

Dec 20, 2023, 1:54:21 PM12/20/23
to BikeNYC and CitiBikeNYC Hackers
Hi all,

I looked into data from the link and it doesn't seem to be up to date. Any other ways I could obtain real time angel points data?

Best,
Rafal

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted