Schema Mapping for Design Assemblies and Parts

Chad Edwards

Oct 4, 2010, 4:57:15 PM10/4/10
to CIS/2 - CIMsteel Integration Standards
All, I wanted to open a topic on the general mapping of design
assemblies with main parts and secondary connection parts as well as
about when to stop using design assemblies and just use design parts
to represent the connection parts. I will post a doc INGR-CIS2-
Mapping.xlsx with several cases and some of our current/proposed CIS/2
mappings we are looking at using. Please review those and we can
start with the simple cases first. This could evolve into several
threads, a conference call or topic for the IN conference if desired.
Any input from Andrew on the original intent would be welcome...