CIS/2 documentation

Luke

Jun 29, 2010, 5:20:57 PM6/29/10
to CIS/2 - CIMsteel Integration Standards
CIS/2 documentation is now available at the AISC bookstore:

http://www.aisc.org/store/c-17-other-publications.aspx

As an added incentive, AISC will reimburse half the cost of the
documentation to anyone that uses it to bring a new translator to
market or improves an existing one.

You'll need to submit a letter to me (email will suffice) to receive
the reimbursement. Please indicate that you have either developed a
new translator, or how you have improved and existing one.

Luke

Robert Lipman

Jun 29, 2010, 5:40:59 PM6/29/10
to CIS/2 - CIMsteel Integration Standards
Of all the volumes that are available, Volume 4 is the most useful.
It has the details of every CIS/2 entity.

http://www.aisc.org/store/p-2019-cimsteel-integration-standards-release-2-second-edition-p268-cis21.aspx

Bob

Jay Ernst

Jun 30, 2010, 10:19:33 AM6/30/10
to CIS/2 - CIMsteel Integration Standards
Luke, Bob,

Thank you for the information.

I noted that this publication is in PDF format. Do you know whether
it is printable or not?
Previous PDF files have security properties where printing is not
allowed.

It would be worthwhile for us to purchase if printing would be
allowed. Thanks.

Jay Ernst

Luke

Jun 30, 2010, 10:27:01 AM6/30/10
to CIS/2 - CIMsteel Integration Standards
They are printable, just be prepared to reload the trays.

Luke

Robert Lipman

Jul 6, 2010, 5:07:18 PM7/6/10
to CIS/2 - CIMsteel Integration Standards
Luke,

I just ordered the "complete set", however, the download from the AISC
bookstore is for a single PDF file. The download would be more useful
if there were individual PDF files for each of the volumes that make
up the complete set. The all-in-one PDF (1321 pages) does not make it
any easier to navigate through the document.

I'm trying to use Adobe Acrobat to split the single PDF into multiple
files, however, the bookmarks get lost and there are some other
issues.

Now that I've paid for the complete set, how can I get the PDF files
for the individual volumes?

Bob

Luke

Jul 19, 2010, 8:33:42 AM7/19/10
to CIS/2 - CIMsteel Integration Standards
We'll have the webmaster breakout the volumes individually within the
complete set.

Luke