Velocity support?

Kostas Kougios

Jan 23, 2012, 4:02:15 PM1/23/12
to Circumflex Public Q&A
Hi all, any plans for circumflex to add support for velocity?

Boris Okunskiy

Jan 24, 2012, 1:09:15 AM1/24/12
to circumfl...@googlegroups.com
Greetings,

Not in the framework itself (we are pretty happy with Freemarker, and unless you have specific reasons to stay with Velocity, I would recommend you to migrate).

However, I see no difficulties implementing the supporting component right inside the application. Let me know if you need any help with the one.

Konstantinos Kougios

Jan 24, 2012, 3:06:11 PM1/24/12
to circumfl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Boris,

On 24/01/12 06:09, Boris Okunskiy wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> Not in the framework itself (we are pretty happy with Freemarker, and unless you have specific reasons to stay with Velocity, I would recommend you to migrate).

Both template engines are quite good and the only reason that I want to
integrate with velocity is that the project I am working on is already
using velocity. We use springmvc for java and now I am integrating
circumflex. Having 2 web frameworks is not optimal but if on top of that
I add 2 template engines it will probably be overkill. My plan is to use
circumflex with velocity and I am already working on a velocity layer to
work with scala.

> However, I see no difficulties implementing the supporting component right inside the application. Let me know if you need any help with the one.

I am on it, extending velocity to see scala collections & properties.

Regards,

Kostas