Circumflex and websockets?

Meredith Gregory

Oct 22, 2012, 12:01:00 PM10/22/12
to circumfl...@googlegroups.com
Dear Circumferentially Flex'd,

Does Cx work with websockets? Do you have a filter that will deliver the websocket "events"?

Best wishes,

--greg

--
L.G. Meredith
Managing Partner

Boris Okunskiy

Oct 22, 2012, 12:50:16 PM10/22/12
to circumfl...@googlegroups.com
Greetings, Greg,

Nope, I've used Jetty WebSocket once, since Scala is extra friendly to good ol' Java libs. I have followed the tutorial from Webtide blog: http://webtide.intalio.com/2009/11/jetty-websocket-server-2/, but it seems that a couple more have appeared recently:

Best regards,
Boris Okunskiy
Chief Software Architect
EduArea LLC / SAVANT.PRO

Meredith Gregory

Oct 23, 2012, 12:40:43 PM10/23/12
to circumfl...@googlegroups.com
Dear Boris,

Thanks for your response! After i posted i found the little project you posted to Chas and myself with the chat server using websockets. One thing, it mentions an operator "pass" in the line

any("/ws") = pass_!

in the file main.scala

When i attempt to compile with a more recent version of Cx i get a complaint about that operator being missing. Any clues?

Best wishes,

--greg

Boris Okunskiy

Oct 23, 2012, 4:30:32 PM10/23/12
to circumfl...@googlegroups.com
Greetings, Greg,

Yes, we have changed some method names to avoid the Ruby-style method naming (i.e. `work_!` and `really_?`), so that line of code you've mentioned should look like this:

any("/ws") = pass()

Best regards,
Boris Okunskiy
Chief Software Architect