Circular Economy Working Group (CEWG) Committee - Sign Up

Lara Ilao

May 5, 2021, 4:41:46 PM5/5/21
to Circular Economy Working Group DMV, Nivruti Sridhar, Janine Finnell
Dear Circular Economy Working Group Members,

Happy Cinco de Mayo! We thank you for participating in the Circular Economy Working Group meeting last wednesday. Our next CEWG meeting will be held on Wednesday, May 26, 6 - 8PM.

The Circular Economy Working Group (CEWG) is currently working on expanding its presence in the DMV region in the USA (DC/Maryland/Virginia) and is planning on instituting the following three committees to help accelerate its goals. We would ideally like to have 8-10 members per committee, and would love for more volunteers to sign up!  (As we remain virtual, all are welcome and encouraged to participate.)

Planning Committee

The purpose of this committee is to contribute to the planning and implementation of future CEWG meetings. We have a great group of people who are enthusiastic about contributing to circular economy initiatives, and we hope to keep the group engaged through various types of sessions and social events in the future (for example, happy hours, river clean-ups, tours of facilities, are all activities this group has done or planned in the past.) The Planning Committee will also be responsible for helping to identify prominent speakers and coming up with creative discussion topics for our future sessions.

DMV Roadmap Committee

Leaders in Energy recently received a grant from Siemens Energy towards developing a circular economy roadmap for the DMV region. This committee will be responsible for conducting research on circular economy implementation models in other global cities, applying that know-how to the DMV region, conducting technical and financial analyses, and eventually presenting our findings to local governmental bodies and municipalities to engage external stakeholders in this effort.

Circular Economy Business Models Committee

This committee will be involved in exploring the five basic circular economy business models (i.e., circular supplies, resource recovery, product life extension, sharing platforms, and product as a service) in greater detail, and will work to brainstorm, develop, assist with, and recruit for small scale circular economy projects of interest for CEWG members. Previously, CEWG meetings were open to members "bringing to the table" circular economy ideas and projects to implement within their neighborhoods and workplaces, with the help of other CEWG members. This group will also be instrumental in accelerating the implementation of these models within the DMV region.

Please find attached a list of the committee sign ups so far. Feel free to reach out to Niv or me if you have any questions. Once again, we’re excited to welcome you – and to see your contributions to the Circular Economy Working Group!

Have a great rest of your week!

Kind regards,

Lara (Chair) & Niv (Vice-Chair)