Zero Waste work in Baltimore

Stephanie Compton

Aug 11, 2021, 7:02:33 PM8/11/21
to Circular Economy Working Group DMV
Hi everyone!

I'm a Baltimore Zero Waste Organizer and run the Clean Air Baltimore Coalition.
Our goal is to end incineration and transition towards zero waste and build up the local circular economy. Much of this work looks like educating city council members and community residents across the city.

As of now, one of our zero waste goals for the city is deconstruction; the piece by piece tear down of buildings that reclaims valuable materials into local markets, creates jobs and diverts from waste streams and also further protects the environment from lead and asbestos dispersed into the air like traditional building demolition does.

I'm looking to connect with architects, developers, designers, builders, carpenters, members of trades unions, reuse retailers and job creators for returning citizens on the topic of deconstruction. We've got a bill drafted, The REBUILD Act: REcovering Baltimore’s Underutilized Inventory of Lots & Dwellings.

Our free deconstruction info session will be presented next Tuesday, August 17, 7:30PM.
Link to pre-register on zoom:
And,
Simultaneously livestreamed from the Clean Air Baltimore Coalition Facebook page, where you can rsvp and share with your social networks:  https://www.facebook.com/events/2332295276902606

Please share with your networks and hope that you can make it!
Let me know if you have any questions!

With gratitude,
Steph

Are you following us on facebook and twitter yet?
Want to join our volunteer co-working space on slack