Re: Webinar: The Practical and Scalable Implementation of a Circular Economy this Wednesday – have you signed up?

Janine Finnell

Jan 22, 2024, 12:50:54 PMJan 22
to Jim Schulman, Circular Economy Working Group DMV, Linda Mansdorf, Sushmita Majumdar, Kaifi J, Marty Silber
Thanks so much, Jim, for letting us know about the Wednesday seminar as well.

Feel free to also forward this info if you would like to the Circular Economy Working Group DMV listserv.

Janine

Janine A. Finnell
Executive Director
Leaders in Energy (LE)

Leaders in Energy Research, Communications, Policies & Analysis (LERCPA) Linkedin group: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/4733995/
Skype: Janine.Finnell

On Mon, Jan 22, 2024 at 11:24 AM Jim Schulman <jsch...@arcdmv.org> wrote:
Thanks Janine, for the reminder about the S&SF circular economy webinar. Please find below yet another one! It caught my attention because a the Wuppertal Institute is involved, and they were doing cutting edge work on eco-crises prevention back in the late '90's!

-- Jim Schulman, Executive Director

631 'E' ST NE, Washington, DC 20002

JSch...@ARCdmv.org

202/544-0069 | https://ARCdmv.org

ARC works with local small businesses, cooperatives, and social enterprises to promote sustainable circular regional economic development, helping them obtain the goods and services they need to run their businesses from within the Washington Metro region. ARC is currently partnering with another non-profit, the Coalition for an Inclusive Economy of Greater Washington, DC, to introduce the Localight rewards app to business associations, anchor institutions, and government agencies.

“The way to right wrongs is to turn the light of truth upon them.”
-- Ida B. Wells

"No magic bullet, not even the Internet, can save us from population explosion, deforestation, climate disruption, poison by pollution, and wholesale extinction of plant and animal species. We're going to have to want different things, seek different pleasures, pursue different goals than those that have been driving us and our world economy." -- Joanna Macy

Note: Jim's e-mail policy correlates with this perspective: "It is normal for me to take 2 days to read my emails and 2 more days to reflect on the matter and respond calmly. The culture of immediacy and the constant fragmentation of time are not very compatible with the kind of life I lead." -- Lucy Hunt, European Researcher