Upcoming Green Jobs Forum & Career Fair With 3-Day Climate Resilience Conference & New LE Explainer Video

Janine Finnell

Aug 23, 2021, 1:38:34 PM8/23/21
to Circular Economy Working Group DMV, Beth Offenbacker, Candice G, elviny@gmail com, Lara Ilao, Nivruti Sridhar, Lucia Ferlauto
Dear DMV Circular Economy Group,

Just a quick reminder about our upcoming 8th Annual Green Jobs Forum and Career Fair, (August 26th) taking place with the Resilient Virginia's 3-day climate resilience conference this week (August 25th-27th).

Our Forum will include keynote speaker, Peggy Brannigan, Director of Global Environmental Sustainability at LinkedIn, who will highlight green job opportunities.  LinkedIn is one of the largest job advertising platforms.   We will hear from Dr. Beth Offenbacker who instructs our Leaders in Energy Green Career programs.  Learn tips and insights from those who have landed green jobs and from green recruiters.  We have 20 Career Fair Exhibitors including employers such as CleanChoice Energy, the DC Sustainable Energy Utility, Metro and others and including green educators including GW, GMU, and Virg Tech.

This is a virtual event.  We have special rates for jobseekers and students.  If you are able to attend and/or let others know, I look forward to "seeing": you there!

We also recently posted our new LE Explainer video which includes our circular economy program.  It is available on our Leaders in Energy home page at leadersinenergy.org.  Thanks to Lucy Ferlauto, our summer intern, for creating this video.

In speaking with Lara Ilao, Chair of our  Circular Economy Working Group, she plans to resume our Circular Economy Working Group activities in September after a summer hiatus.  Stay tuned for more from Lara.

Best,
Janine

Leaders in Energy will conduct its 8th Annual Green Jobs Forum & Career Fair on Thursday, August 26, 2021, from 1:30 – 6:30 pm EDT.  Our theme is “The Moment is Now for Green Jobs!”  In the Forum, speakers will examine trends and opportunities for green jobs, those who have landed green jobs will share their tips and advice for finding one, and recruiters in the green arena who provide their insights about the positions they are seeing.  At the Career Fair, attendees will be able to meet with companies which are hiring, nonprofit organizations offering volunteer positions and helping with job searches, and educators offering green certifications.

This year, our Forum will be conducted virtually with Resilient Virginia’s annual conference on August 25-27th titled “From Recovery to Resilience – Moving to Vibrant, Healthy and Equitable Communities.”  Registration includes the 3-day Resilient Virginia conference.  Student and job seeker rates are available.  Register and learn more at: https://bit.ly/3CaIKiT

Janine A. Finnell
Executive Director
Leaders in Energy (LE)

Leaders in Energy Research, Communications, Policies & Analysis (LERCPA) Linkedin group: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/4733995/