Some national and local waste-related policy news.

Elvin Yuzugullu

Apr 5, 2021, 11:53:15 AM4/5/21
to Circular Economy Working Group DMV
Hi team,

Came across the following articles, which I thought would be of interest:

The first one talks about how President Biden's new infrastructure plan is a bit light on waste and recycling issues. And the second one is more local...talks about how a zero-waste bill for DC is now law, but there is not enough funding for it.

Encouraging to see actions in the right direction being taken, but discouraging to see that they're not fully thought out or supported. I don't know if there's advocacy/awareness type things we can do to help change that, but wanted to share the articles to at least keep in the loop.

Also, the articles are from Waste Dive (https://www.wastedive.com/), which I recently discovered. I get their e-newsletters with a lot of news and resources related to waste.

Thanks, Elvin