CONFIGURATION FILE ERROR

niveadita razdan

Aug 27, 2016, 7:26:11 PM8/27/16
to Circos
I am new to Circos and am trying to run the provided examples but am getting the following error

 CONFIGURATION FILE ERROR

  Error parsing the configuration file. You used an <<include FILE>> directive,
  but the FILE could not be found. This FILE is interpreted relative to the
  configuration file in which the <<include>> directive is used. Circos lookd
  for the file in these directories

 Stack trace:
 at /usr/share/perl5/Circos/Error.pm line 354.
    Circos::Error::fatal_error('configuration', 'cannot_find_include', '/home/nivedita/Circos/circos/sessions/2/1/etc\x{a}/etc/circos\x{a}/ho...', 'Config::General The file "etc/colors.conf" does not exist wit...') called at /usr/share/perl5/Circos/Configuration.pm line 719
    Circos::Configuration::loadconfiguration('/home/nivedita/Circos/circos/sessions/2/1/etc/circos.conf') called at /usr/share/perl5/Circos.pm line 197
    Circos::run('Circos') called at /usr/bin/circos line 300

The command I am using is

 circos etc/circos.conf

I am working with Linux

I would really acknowledge your help.

YING SU

Oct 26, 2021, 3:50:52 AM10/26/21
to Circos

Please tell me why there is such a problem and how to resolve!thanks!

Martin Krzywinski

Oct 26, 2021, 6:07:52 PM10/26/21
to circos-data-...@googlegroups.com
The configuration file is specified using the -conf flag.

circos -conf etc/circos.conf

However, Circos will automatically look in a few places for the config file, such as

etc/circos.conf
../etc/circos.conf

If your file is there, you don't need to specify it at the command line.

Martin Krzywinski
science + art