circos plot -bar plot to demonstrate DEG foldchange

Paola Carneiro

Jan 12, 2024, 11:16:25 AMJan 12
to Circos
Hi Everyone!

I am trying to plot a circos plot that demonstrates each mutant (mt1, mt2,mt3, mt4,mt5,mt6,mt7) in each block. Each block will also have a bar plot that represents the DEG fold change for each. I tried to plot, but it is not even close to what I would like to have as the final plot. I did not get to turn the  histogram into a bar plot.

So far, I have tried to use recipes from the website and code from here, but I am still not successful. Please, may someone help me?

my data table contains

chr start end value (foldchange)
mt1  1       2   0.5
mt1 2       3.  -0.5
mt2 1      2    0.5
mt2 2       3   -0.5

# 1.3 IDEOGRAM SELECTION, SCALE, COLOR AND ORIENTATION

karyotype = data/karyotype/m.txt
chromosomes_units = 1
chromosomes_display_default = no

chromosomes_color   = hs1=blue,hs2=blue,hs3=green,hs4=green,hs5=orange,hs6=orange

##### Histogram
##Each histogram is defined in a <plot> block within an enclosing <plots> block.
<plots>
<plot>
file= histogram_positive_m.conf
color= black
type = histogram

r1   = 0.95r
r0   = 0.6r
min  = -5
max  = 5
extend_bin = no
thickness  = 2

<backgrounds>
<background>
color = vvlgrey
</background>
</backgrounds>

<axes>
<axis>
spacing   = 1
color     = lgrey
thickness = 2
</axis>
</axes>

<rules>
<rule>
    condition = var(value) > 0
    fill_color = magenta
</rule>

<rule>
    condition = var(value) <= 0
    fill_color = green
</rule>
</rules>

</plot>
</plots>

<<include ideogram.conf>>

<<include ticks.conf>>

<image>
<<include etc/image.conf>>
</image>

<<include colors_fonts_patterns.conf>>

<<include etc/housekeeping.conf>>

Thank you in advance so much for any feedback and for your help!