Gene Name Labels Tutorial

Dario Strbenac

Apr 20, 2021, 2:53:14 PMApr 20
to Circos
I read the Ticks and Labels tutorial but it does not have a simple example that demonstrates how to add a few gene names to the plot. I saw the use of type and file in another question on this forum, but I don't know where such functionality is documented in the tutorials. Also, the Configuration section has two sub-sections PNG Output and SVG Output but the SVG section doesn't explain how to set the dimensions (e.g. 10 cm wide and 10 cm high). I typically work in R, and the setting there is clear: svg("output.svg", height = 4, width = 4).

Martin

Apr 20, 2021, 2:58:16 PMApr 20
to Circos
To add a gene name, use the text track.

You can position the labels to coincide with the tick labels position, if you like.

The SVG canvas size is set to the same number of pixels as the PNG image size. This is set by the 'radius' parameter in pixels, which defines the radius of the inscribed circle -- so 1/2 of the image width. Most software will interpret the physical size of an SVG canvas defined in pixels using 72 ppi conversion.