Help Getting started

Fatima Ejaz

Nov 8, 2022, 3:04:46 PM11/8/22
to Circos
Hi,

This is the error message I get when I was trying to get Homebrew.

Press RETURN/ENTER to continue or any other key to abort:

==> /usr/bin/sudo /usr/sbin/chown -R fatima:admin /usr/local/Homebrew

==> Downloading and installing Homebrew...

Updating files: 100% (2930/2930), done.

HEAD is now at c33b5b257 Merge pull request #14118 from Homebrew/sponsors-maintainers-man-completions

Error: Failed to link all completions, docs and manpages:

  Permission denied @ rb_file_s_symlink - (../../../Homebrew/completions/zsh/_brew, /usr/local/share/zsh/site-functions/_brew)

Failed during: /usr/local/bin/brew update --force --quiet

Fatima@"mymac" ~ % brew tap homebrew/science

Error: homebrew/science was deprecated. This tap is now empty and all its contents were either deleted or migrated.

Fatima@"mymac" ~ %

I want to download circos, and I am new to programs in general. What am I doing wrong?

Martin

Nov 8, 2022, 3:07:33 PM11/8/22
to Circos
> homebrew/science was deprecated

Looks like a Homebrew error -- maybe. I don't use Homebrew.

> Permission denied @ rb_file_s_symlink - (../../../Homebrew/completions/zsh/_brew, /usr/local/share/zsh/site-functions/_brew)

But this looks like an issue on your end. Are you sure you can write to /usr/local/share/zsh/site-functions?

Contact the Homebrew package maintainer.

Otherwise, download Circos from http://circos.ca.