MrBayes on XSEDE repeatedly stoping after 331000 generations

jhorn

Jan 25, 2024, 5:04:07 PMJan 25
to CIPRES Science Gateway Users
Hi,
I am attempting to run a MrBayes 3.2.7a analysis (on XSEDE) and wish to run 2 run (with 4 chains each) for 40 million generations. I set the maximum hours to run for 40. However, the analysis terminates in less than 10 minutes after 331000 generations. I've attempted to run this analysis three times, always with the same result.

I've purchased plenty of CPU time, so I don't think that is an issue with respect to the premature termination of the run.

What advice does this group have on overcoming the issue?

 Best,
Jay

Mark Miller

Jan 25, 2024, 5:09:34 PMJan 25
to CIPRES Science Gateway Users
Hi Jay,

Your runs stopped because they reached the configured stoprun value:
In the parameters, it looks like this:
stopruleval_
stoprule=Yes

stopval_
  0.01

You need to make the stopval_ smaller if you want to have it continue, or disable the stopruleval parameter.
Here is how it looks in the interface: