TLA

Aug 14, 2013, 7:36:34 PM8/14/13
to Cip...@googlegroups.com
PHD,

  In regard to our current process of compiling and updating weekly reports, I would like to propose we extend our updates from weekly to monthly.

As I compile our reports each week, I have noticed they are all a bit the same and I fear we are over doing the reports causing more work than is truly needed.  This will reduce our report compiling down from 52 a year to just 12 allowing more time to be diverted to other aspects of audio production.

I would still like to track our numbers weekly like we have been, and continue to send me your numbers each week and I will add to the main spreadsheet which serves as the database currently housing our tracked hours.  We will keep reports to a month name and each report will consider all days within that month regardless of days or weeks.

Please note the fact that If we do change the report to a month, we will need to consider a mild reformatting of the report in order to show all of the individual shifts which will need to show four weeks rather than just one week (i.e. the time cards will be longer if we want to show all the shifts within a month).

Please let me know if we should give the monthly report more thought, or end it here.  I would like to strongly point out that I would very much like to change to a monthly reporting rather than a weekly reporting simply because of the time it takes and the overall result is not of great significance to pushing the albums out.  Still I understand the importance of the weekly huddle so perhaps each Saturday we could submit our hours then and go over them together.  I think that would work great!  We could start our week on Saturday and compile our numbers from last week together before we begin our audio production colab.  Then at the end of each month, we could publish a report similar to our current weekly report now.

Please reply as soon as you can and thank you for your time!

TLA

TLA

Aug 25, 2013, 2:49:57 PM8/25/13
to Cip...@googlegroups.com
After our discussion, we have decided to try the monthly tracking and see how it works for us.  We will begin this effective immediately, therefore there will be no more updates for the remainder of the month and our first full month report will be for August 2013 which will launch the first week of September 2013.  Then, each monthly report will launch within the first week of the following month.  We will need to keep an out out to see if the omission of weekly reporting reduces our productivity.  Similar to taking a piece of coal from the flame, it will reduce in heat until it is put back into the flame.  We want to ensure that the time away from "the tracking flame" is not too lengthy in order to maintain our momentum or "heat" and keep our edge over unhealthy trends.

TLA