Didact Thoughts

TLA

Jul 30, 2013, 8:42:29 PM7/30/13
to Cip...@googlegroups.com
Hay, I think I know why the Bass Track data was cut off. It was because the overall volume of the track was below -6db, it was at like -8db if I remember right, so we have got to make sure before we do a Track Divide that the track is at zero or we will lose data. Increasing the In-Treash my do the trick as well.

TLA on behalf of PHD

TLA

Jul 30, 2013, 8:46:27 PM7/30/13
to Cip...@googlegroups.com
I felt this was a great topic to track so I brought it in as a topic into the Ggroup.

So, are you saying the overall volume of the printed data itself captured within the phrase?  Or the overall volume of the current location of the volume fader for that track containing the phrase?

TLA

Rob Wright

Jul 31, 2013, 9:18:39 AM7/31/13
to Cipher-Tu Productions on behalf of TLA
I was saying that the Overall track volume was Below -6, Witch means that it would cut anything out that is below that volume and not come back in tell it reached say -5 or anything above that. So if we know that the Real volume of a given track is say -5 we'd just make are  "In-Threash" point is like -20 to -48 to insure we dont  loss wanted data.
Im sure this is how that works.

to Cipher-Tu Productions on behalf of TLA
The Volume Fader containing the track.

Aug 7, 2013, 8:42:07 AM8/7/13
to Cipher-Tu Productions on behalf of TLA
But if that we'r true why would that data have disappeared?
To sum it up, I think the Thresh in&out is Volume of the track we do not want to play under the set level we choose. This determines ware the cutts will be made through out the Phrase. The margin is Time, if you we'r to change it to say, 3 full seconds, I bet it would cut 3 seconds of the start of the phrase and most likely after every cut made by the Phrase Divide.  Likewise with are out point.

Sent: Wednesday, July 31, 2013 4:24 PM